I can't wait to get land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago I came out to USSA to do some shooting with a buddy. Had a pretty nice afternoon up until toward the end the owner started driving by and stopping, driving by and stopping until finally he sent his guy over to have a talk with me.

Apparently he was pissed because he thought I was taking all his range brass.

In reality, and like I told his guy, I would shoot a set check targets and then try to grab something close to what I shot. Since my buddy was not a reloader I grabbed about what he shot. I didn't count shots but tried to keep it close like I told his guy. We had a good talk and I didn't think there were any issues.

Now I am sitting here in their parking lot because there "a note on my account saying I can't shoot here until I talk to the owner". And I'm stewing... I apparently get to sit here since he's not here for an hour. It's also pissing me off because if someone has an issue he could have called or reached out. When I was here last he watched me check out.

This place is just continuing to go downhill. I can't wait to get land to shoot whatever, whenever and apparently not have the dang brass police after me for picking up my own stuff.

And for what it's worth after cleaning all my brass I figure I was probably slightly high on 223, low on 9, and low on 40 compared to what we shot on that visit.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been looking at places... But in the meantime just need somewhere to do some chronograph work. I suppose if the place or two I've been looking at fall through then I could also look at joining a real place.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve never been there. Are there any policies posted about picking up spent brass? Meaning if they have a policy that says spent brass becomes the property of USSA then you probably shouldn’t pick it up. However, if there is no policy, or postings that say don’t pick up brass, I would tell him to get bent!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That might be an option... I didn't know they existed. Might need to ask about pricing though ... Looks like they go by the two hours and I usually spend about 6 to 8 hours a day out when I get a hall pass. I've nearly always got 10 plus things to shoot as I run through dialing scopes or loads in.

The posted brass policy is basically "you can pick up your own". Which I've always interpreted as "pick up as much as you shoot" since there's no way to figure out which is which

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happy Hollow, west of Sapulpa is probably no further from you than Beggs. It's $10 a day, and you can pick up your own brass. I've never had them question me about how much I was picking up, I always tried to just get about equivalent to what I shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom