I carry this every day. What do you all?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After having a proper knives on my belt through my 20's, I realized how rarely I actually had a daily need for it, and it was usually opening packages and such at that. I still keep a proper knife in the truck, but my EDC blade is the humble little leatherman style cs. Small, light, and compact, super handy and easy to keep an edge on both it and the scissors. Doubt I'll ever go back to lugging around big steel.
images

images

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ff4e37656154e79578b4006aaced2e33.jpg

Old Case knife and/or also have an old Craftsman pocket knife have had for 40+ years. Not sure how many pocket knives I have Buck, Old Timer, Imperial, Solingen....LOL

I have a Buck Special like the bottom knife in your pic. It's field dressed and skinned many, many whitetail and a few elk as well. Tough to get a good edge on, but when you finally get one, it's there for a long time after a lot of work.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the time I was 12 years old until around 2002, I carried a Buck Squire that I got for my 12th birthday. Unfortunately, that was taken by TSA when I forgot and put it in my pocket before a work trip and didn't have the opportunity to mail it to myself. I miss that thing.

View attachment 198983
TSA took the Buck that my grandfather gave me. No option to mail in those days. Before handing it over, I opened the blades and snapped them off between my shoes and the floor. Handed her the pieces. :angry3:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TSA took the Buck that my grandfather gave me. No option to mail in those days. Before handing it over, I opened the blades and snapped them off between my shoes and the floor. Handed her the pieces. :angry3:
If I had thought about it, I would have done the same thing. I was very unhappy about it, as you might expect.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Same thing happened to me at an Airport. Wife had just drove off and I was waiting in the flight Nazi's line when I realized I had a brand new pearl handled Bulldog trapper in my pocket. I exited the terminal and went outside and shoved it into a flower bed by some bushes and went back through. When I came back on the return flight a few weeks later it was not there. Probably a million security cameras seen me or the gardener hit the Jackpot.
But I tried valiantly to saver her I did.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on what day?
Some days carry a Mike Miller or McKrosky fixed blade.
Other days carry a Boker Damascus folder.
Currently carrying a spring assist Kershaw from the Christmas party on OSA.
Occasionally carry the Buck Deuce which is tiny as a Sunday go to meeting fingernail cleaner.
View attachment 198942
It's good to see someone else still carrying a "Sunday go to meeting knife". We're a dying breed I think......

Latest posts

Top Bottom