I carry this every day. What do you all?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So many nice Case pocket knives in this thread I had to pick this up today, Case RussLock. It’s a design that’s intriguing and repelling at the same time IMO so I’ve been curious about it for a while.
Case knives are maybe my favorite pocket knives, I have a hard time holding onto them though.
View attachment 199401
The russlock was put into ‘the vault’ which takes it out of production a year, I think. The flip lever would wear a hole in my pocket but I have a few in my collection.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like em in pairs in case I break one.
Pair of later Derlin handled Western trappers with about the beefiest blades you can find on a trapper

Pair of Utica Kutmaster muskrat skinners that have about the keenest blades I have seen and real thin in your pocket. Ordered out of a trapping mag years ago.

Pair of Case folding hunters that I prefer to carry rather than a sheath knife when hunting. Old blue manganese CV steel. One blade will almost skin a buck head to toe before losing an edge but not quite. That's why it has two blades I suppose. Gets diabolic sharp and not so hard it takes half a day to sharpen, the way I like it.

And a 25 yr old cherry bone Case muskrat that's so purdy I could never bring mesef to using it. They did'nt have 2 of those. Ha.

All made in Merica dangit.

Case.jpg

Last edited:

DSUFLYBOY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are the three I can't go without and carry daily.

1: Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA. It's a "dual fuel" flashlight that can run on one CR-123 or one AA, and is easily programmable for various brightness settings.

2: Kershaw Select Fire knife. It has a good feel/size, a 3" blade, a foldable 1/4" drive socket, 4 bits that stow in the handle, 2 phillips and 2 flathead, an imperial/metric ruler, and a bottle opener.

3: Swiss Army Knife "Compact Edition." It is the normal over all length as a SAK, but it is very thin, has a blade, can opener, scissors, bottle opener, corkscrew, tweezers, toothpick, writing pen, needle, micro flathead, hook, and a nail file.

With these three I have 99% of all daily fixes and/or needs covered.
2b2f29a4c99cc747be85df2276bc4dcb.jpg

"Watch your six, count your rounds, and keep your powder dry."

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like em in pairs in case I break one.
Pair of later Derlin handled Western trappers with about the beefiest blades you can find on a trapper

Pair of Utica Kutmaster muskrat skinners that have about the keenest blades I have seen and real thin in your pocket. Ordered out of a trapping mag years ago.

Pair of Case folding hunters that I prefer to carry rather than a sheath knife when hunting. Old blue manganese CV steel. One blade will almost skin a buck head to toe before losing an edge but not quite. That's why it has two blades I suppose. Gets diabolic sharp and not so hard it takes half a day to sharpen, the way I like it.

And a 25 yr old cherry bone Case muskrat that's so purdy I could never bring mesef to using it. They did'nt have 2 of those. Ha.

All made in Merica dangit.

View attachment 199419
Those are great! The folding hunter is on my short list.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The russlock was put into ‘the vault’ which takes it out of production a year, I think. The flip lever would wear a hole in my pocket but I have a few in my collection.
I thought about the pocket thing, ordered this sheath to carry it. It might be the “pocket protector” of knife accessories but I kind of like it. Holds the knife really well.
4F46DB28-FF5D-44C8-AB5B-0D4A3B36E698.jpeg

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Al Mar Eagle Ultralight
Benchmade Mini Griptilian
Spyderco Manix 2

The Al Mar is my favorite. It has a slimmer profile and weighs 2 oz.
IMG_1012.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom