I could have used one of these today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad used to complain about that. I think about it every time I'm blocking both end diesel pumps so I can put gas in my truck, but I'm not real interested in trying to drag a 20' trailer between the islands.
That is a good reason to use the outside pumps. It’s the Honda Civic using the outside pumps where diesel is available that dumbfounds me, especially when multiple inside pumps for gas are available.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d advise you to use caution when doing this.

I used to know a guy that would park way out in parking lots with his fully restored 67 vette. He probably had $80k in it. Not across several spaces like you describe, but way way out at the end. He came out one day to find someone had parked up next to him so closely that it was obviously done on purpose, to be funny or to irritate him, with another car not within 50 yards and empty spaces everywhere. So he slashed all four of the guys tires.
I usually do it at WalMart where they usually have cameras. I don't go way out in the lot because it ain't worth a long walk.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
long long long ago, I had a brand new s10 truck (91), parked in the first parking space at the local Kmart (that is not there anymore), came out to find someone parked in the triangle spot (where no one is supposed to park except maybe motorcycles.

They had parked so close that I could not fit inbetween and I was fairly skinny at 150#.

I had to climb in the passenger door and slide over.

I really wanted to give them flats, but it was daylight, and I was not looking to get in trouble, so I did not do it.

But oddly enough there was a hammer in the cab........

Before leaving I picked up the hammer and rolled my window down........

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope one day soon you’re able to visit the store without any drama.
I park way out in the lot where nobody else parks.
Two reasons. One is that nobody is going to park near me an the second is that it does a person good to walk some. It's actually good for your health if you don't know that already.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
This is on the windshield note I leave behind:

1. This parking job violates the law. Of physics.
2. Did you park like this or was there an earthquake?
3. Couldn't decide which space to park in, huh?
4. Your car isn't nice enough to park in two spots.
5. I used to park like this. Then I turned 6.
6. Is your name Katrina? Because this parking job's a disaster.
7. I would've flipped you the bird, but this fits my mousey personality much better.
8. If parking were a game of Chess, you'd lose.
9. You're a space hog.
10. Did you park this or land this?
11. Maybe a GPS system could've helped you find the middle of this parking spot.
12. It was either this, or put a crowbar through your window.
13. The way you pulled in makes me wish your dad would've pulled out.
14. Didn't know it was "National Let Your Child Drive You to Work Day."
15. Double parking hints at something deeper.
16. Parking isn't your thing. Stick to drive-thru’s.
17. Hope you're better between the sheets than you are between the lines.
18. Apparently you have boundary issues.
19. Aliens searching for intelligent life would see your parking job and leave.

"This is not a ticket, but if it were within my power, you would receive two. Because of your Bull Headed, inconsiderate, feeble attempt at parking, you have taken enough room for a 20 mule team, 2 elephants, 1 goat, and a safari of pygmies from the African interior. The reason for giving you this is so that in the future you may think of someone else, other than yourself. Besides I don't like domineering, egotistical or simple minded drivers and you probably fit into one of these categories. I sign off wishing you an early transmission failure (on the expressway at about 4:30 pm). Also may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits."

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm in NW OKC and I go to the Wellness Center/Healthy Living Center at NW 115th & Rockwell. It's one of the MAPS money thing built. You're going to have to be at least 55 years old, or maybe it's 50 years old, I am older and I forget chit.

Anyway, you should see how some of the people park there!!! I drive in and search for a parking spot and I see crazy things like someone pulled into a parking spot, sort of, but forgot to get forward enough, so 1/3 of the car is still in the aisle!! I'm not kidding. Or, they kept pulling forward so far they've gone too far forward, even though they've installed those concrete whatchamacallums to stop your front wheels when you've pulled in. Or, sometimes, way too often, someone has pulled in crooked and took up 2 parking spaces. Buncha old farts that should not be driving anymore!

I was at the Post Office on Hefner Road, between Penn & May, in OKC, and saw some dingbat had parked way screwed up. They pulled into a handicapped spot, and instead of stopping, they continued to pull forward and driver OVER the sidewalk, CONTINUE to pull forward and driver OVER the grass and FINALLY stop just a few inches from the actual brick building!!! So, among other things, this mucking foron managed to block anyone who wanted to walk on the sidewalk.

I know some people just don't give a crap how they park, cuz it's all everything to do with them and screw the rest of the world, and of course some are just incapable of proper judgement and safe vehicle operation.

OK, just one more. I was pulling out of a parking lot at NW 122 & MacArthur, the SW corner of the intersection. There's a drive which is very wide, I pulled far to the right of it (so I wouldn't even come close to other vehicles). While waitiing for traffic to clear, I noticed a car driving on NW 122, from my left to my right, or eastbound I guess you should say. It was driving so slowly it especially caught my attention. I was able to see the steering wheel and some blue hair barely above the steering wheel. It sort of turned in, but not enough turn to pull on it, it was just a slight turn and she was heading right for my drivers door!!! I'm mashing my horn for dear life, thinking this old fool is going to smash into me.

Finally the old broad saw me and mashed her brakes just before she hit me. The look on that face said it all, she was just so astonished to see me there!

I'm beginning to wonder if the old geezers should have to take a drivers test to renew their drivers license. I hate to see that, but for some I think it's a prudent thing to do.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I park way out in the lot where nobody else parks.
Two reasons. One is that nobody is going to park near me an the second is that it does a person good to walk some. It's actually good for your health if you don't know that already.

I love the people who sit with a blinker on for 10 minutes while I unload kids and all the other **** so we can leave…….just so they can get a decent parking spot close to the building…….and then go walk all over Walmart.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d advise you to use caution when doing this.

I used to know a guy that would park way out in parking lots with his fully restored 67 vette. He probably had $80k in it. Not across several spaces like you describe, but way way out at the end. He came out one day to find someone had parked up next to him so closely that it was obviously done on purpose, to be funny or to irritate him, with another car not within 50 yards and empty spaces everywhere. So he slashed all four of the guys tires.

He better hope he doesn't get caught. That could easily be over a couple grand property damage, and certainly enough to earn some sawzall therapy and swimming lessons in the Deep Fork if he gets the right guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom