I Debated With Myself Whether I Should Post This....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
download-1.jpg
Since we're on the subject of mammys. I think I'll step out for awhile, it's getting goofy.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At one time I would have said, "Id rather have a chick do my butt exam". After having a Chick butt Dr butt rape my booty, not so much. Your butt Dr MMV
There was a general in the USAF that refused a prostate exam on his retirement physical and soon after he retired developed prostate cancer. And I knew a cabinet maker once that said he wasn't going to let some doctor put his finger up my butt and I thought that was one of the more foolish things I'd heard in recent years. A doctor does his or her exams impersonally, nothing personal intended like when you drive up to a garage and leave your car for some work. Nothing personal, they just repair it and put it in the lot for pickup.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a general in the USAF that refused a prostate exam on his retirement physical and soon after he retired developed prostate cancer. And I knew a cabinet maker once that said he wasn't going to let some doctor put his finger up my butt and I thought that was one of the more foolish things I'd heard in recent years. A doctor does his or her exams impersonally, nothing personal intended like when you drive up to a garage and leave your car for some work. Nothing personal, they just repair it and put it in the lot for pickup.

Grumpy fought me and fought me over getting that first colonoscopy. I finally just made the appointment, picked up his prep stuff and MADE him do it. That was 3 years ago. If he hadn't had it done when he did he would be battling colon cancer right now because he had several pre-cancerous polyps.

I read somewhere that women live longer because they don't put routine medical care off like men and are more likely to go to the doctor when they feel bad, as opposed to "toughing it out". There have been a few times in our marriage I have had to drag him kicking and screaming to some appointment. You guys are kinda sensitive about some of the silliest things. I dunno -- after pregnancy and childbirth there's not a lot left to be modest about. Lol

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then according to my wife, for your annual exam they put you in a room that is around 60 degrees in a thin cotton gown with no other item of clothing and you sit for an hour until they think you're too stiff from the cold to resist an exam like that! Then they "may" decide to come in and get it over with.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then according to my wife, for your annual exam they put you in a room that is around 60 degrees in a thin cotton gown with no other item of clothing and you sit for an hour until they think you're too stiff from the cold to resist an exam like that! Then they "may" decide to come in and get it over with.

Yep. That pretty much covers it. Lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, but when they tell you to "relax" its not a comfort command. The exact opposite occurs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
G
I read somewhere that women live longer because they don't put routine medical care off like men and are more likely to go to the doctor when they feel bad, as opposed to "toughing it out". 1000% agree!l
The Doctor at the SW Medical Center gastro clinic gets my vote. For $40 bucks or so you get a pack of the clean out stuff and food you can eat during the time you have to evacuate your colon system. The clean out stuff is not objectionable to take like some I've heard of, and you get to eat some soup, protein bars, etc. vs having to be on a fast.
The horror stories about the prep period with other Doctors is pretty scary sometimes.
This guy makes it breeze. Told me that I could come back in 10 years. No polyps, no issues.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife had to have a colonoscopy at a clinic on S Walker and Golytely prep is around $8 but the Doc/clinic (Kurella) was pushing something called Clinique as a prep. We paid $50 but w/o insurance it would have been $135. Can’t complain about the service though, it was a well oiled assembly line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom