I despise walmart but....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its cheaper, I hate walmart, hate going into walmart but everything is cheaper. I wanted to use acadamy but its cheaper to go wallyworld. The 22lr at walmart rem golden bullets yes I know is not good but its cheaper for me 6 bucks for a box of 100 acadmey for same thing wants almost what it cost for cci mini mags, its the same darn thing everything. Each payda I got to gag wallyworld pick up two box of 22lr about 12 bucks working on building up a supply. Would love to use something better but my budget golden bullets are cheapest for blasting turtles and snakes and what ever else. Eventually if I get into hunting then step up to something better of a stash.

Its no wonder other places are struggling when you walk in and go well hell walmart has the same thing for 3 dollars less, over time that 3 dollars savings adds up. If wally world and acadamy have the exact same rem golden bullets why is one higher than the other. One benefit is academy's are not locked up they are on the shelf, wallyword you have find somebody have them page than waste your life away for some dude to come unlock it to get out what I need.

Same goes for everything else, only place that carries the dogfood my dog will eat plus its cheaper, food little cheaper, paper towels cheaper, these other places if want to compete and knock out walmart need to lower their prices to be fair and compete more so if its the same exact item. I work at Lowes and see this everyday when a customer comes in and goes its cheaper at walmart for the same thing, all I can say is I know and don't understand it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here. Every time I do go I get my stuff and then stand in line for 20 minutes. WTF do they have 20 checkout registers and only one working? God how I hate WalMart!

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always use the self-checkout. No complaints here about Walmart. I don't do a lot of shopping, but they usually have what I'm looking for. Here in the Moore area, we have Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot and target all close together and depending on what I'm getting, I'll hit one of these and I'm good to go.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not so much the registers is finding somebody to unlock the ammo. I went after work it was 7 in the evening wasn't crowed at all, should have had somebody there not 15-20 min later some dude with a key finally shows up. He even said why have not responded yet. I wasn't the only one, another lady wanted a fishing license, she waited 20 minutes then said screw it and left. Another dude guess needing a license for something had been waiting as well. I even called the store, it rang at least 20 times before somebody picked up, told the guy that answer can I get some help at the gun counter his response was yea will see if can find somebody in a huff of a voice of god I have to do my job. Its that time of year, fishing, hunting we are going to be coming in for supplies at least have somebody close by to get what we need. Guess just need to pay few extra bucks and go to academy where I can pull it off the shelf and walk out with it faster then waiting for somebody to unlock it.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always use the self-checkout. No complaints here about Walmart. I don't do a lot of shopping, but they usually have what I'm looking for. Here in the Moore area, we have Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot and target all close together and depending on what I'm getting, I'll hit one of these and I'm good to go.

Use to hate those when they first had never worked right, guess they upgraded them, if have a few items like when I go to get my lunch will use self out its alot faster, but can't do that with ammo have to pay for it when they pull out the locked cabinet, but can walk over and pick out shotgun ammo on the shelf. I mean this is 22 not like its going to be a big deal, unless its that popluar they have to keep it locked up.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ROTFLMAO, I have NO love for wallyworld.. We don't shop there but on a rare occasion.. .22 you should be buying at your local Atwoods or online.. $1.99 for Aguila HV which I feel is better than the thunder duds cousin, Golden bullets.. At Atwoods this week and they quite often have a .22 on sale, weeks earlier it was cci's Blazer also for $1.99 a 50 rd box.. You want to build a supply you have to buy thousands at a time, heck I blasted 250 rds earlier this evening.. Atwoods also recently put their ammo on the shelves, I much prefer that..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not so much the registers is finding somebody to unlock the ammo. I went after work it was 7 in the evening wasn't crowed at all, should have had somebody there not 15-20 min later some dude with a key finally shows up. He even said why have not responded yet. I wasn't the only one, another lady wanted a fishing license, she waited 20 minutes then said screw it and left. Another dude guess needing a license for something had been waiting as well. I even called the store, it rang at least 20 times before somebody picked up, told the guy that answer can I get some help at the gun counter his response was yea will see if can find somebody in a huff of a voice of god I have to do my job. Its that time of year, fishing, hunting we are going to be coming in for supplies at least have somebody close by to get what we need. Guess just need to pay few extra bucks and go to academy where I can pull it off the shelf and walk out with it faster then waiting for somebody to unlock it.

Get online with your mobile device to your local walmart and get the number listed. When they answer ask for the manager and tell them you have been waiting at the ammo counter for a half hour. Someone will be there in about 1 minute. I do it all the time at different walmarts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom