I did it, I am officially into predatory hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So does a control agent have to possess an Okla. hunting license?
No, doing depredation/nuisance control does not require a hunting license. Either the landowner or Ag lessee needs the tax exemption permit, anyone else who is doing control work for them needs written permission.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
My new call arrived earlier today from Rogers. A word of advice for my fellow hunters, don't try a new coyote call of a screaming rabbit when your wife is taking a nap. That did not end well.......
I did that with my xwave. I believe my two offending sounds were a jackrabbit baby and the baby pig in distress.

g54b16psi

Marksman
Reaction score
I don't hunt, but a golf course I play at a lot has a creek running through the property with plenty of vegetation, shrubs, trees, etc. and a lot of coyote live there. One day on the 18th hole, I saw a good sized one trotting down the service road to the grounds maintenance building about 100 yards north of me. Spur of the moment, I barked like a poodle. It stopped immediately, perked up its ears and started scanning for the dog. It then turned around and started down the path back where it came from, closer towards me and the 'poodle'. Nothing happened. Interestingly, there is a dog park immediately west of the golf course property, and more than once a coyote has jumped over the fence to take a dog as a meal. so, I don't know what a proper coyote call is supposed to sound like, but in areas with people, 'poodle' works great.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sister in law’s aunt lives in a subdivision in town and had her little dog taken out of her front yard while she was on the porch just feet away. Needless to say, it was a traumatic experience for her.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After seeing a lot of coyotes while deer hunting (my brother saw 11 one day), I figured I need to thin out the yotes on my place. That is probably where all the turkeys have gone. I have no idea how to hunt them but just ordered a LuckDuck e-call out of Rogers. I self taught myself to turkey hunt so figure I could do the same with coyotes.

Is this a you have to be there at butt crack early deal or can you hunt them anytime during the day? How far should I expect them to get for shots? Is a .270 too big of a caliber? I was wanting to get them after duck season, is Feb a good month to go? If not, when is best?

Tell me what I need to know. I have not idea what I am doing so any advice would be great.
Always thought coyotes were hard on turkeys, but last decade can't prove that. On our 3800 acres, have hordes of coyotes and more turkeys than ever.....equal hordes of flocks of 25-50 birds/flock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom