I did it, I am officially into predatory hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have turned them inside out with my 25/06 a lot but seems like my Henry 22 does a fine job on them also.
The 25-06 is my favorite do all caliber just ahead of the lil 243 but the ranges I hunt at these days I've stepped down to the 223, it's cheaper to shoot & handles my needs but if we're going to build another long range coyote/deer rifle 25-06 would be it for sure

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out the new law for hunting coyotes and hogs
Controlling Nuisance or Damage by Coyotes or Feral Swine
Ok, I would like some clarification from @Jared on this. When it says “with the use of any legal means of take”, is that saying the only legal weapon for coyotes at night is still just a shotgun and #6 shot? Only now you can put a thermal on your shotgun?!?

My brother‘s business is selling night vision and thermals, and he’s selling A BUNCH to Oklahoma guys who are interpreting this that thermals on RIFLES are now legal in OK.

I contacted the game warden in Alfalfa county and didn’t get a response which from past experience (mine and others) wasn’t a surprise.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I would like some clarification from @Jared on this. When it says “with the use of any legal means of take”, is that saying the only legal weapon for coyotes at night is still just a shotgun and #6 shot? Only now you can put a thermal on your shotgun?!?

My brother‘s business is selling night vision and thermals, and he’s selling A BUNCH to Oklahoma guys who are interpreting this that thermals on RIFLES are now legal in OK.

I contacted the game warden in Alfalfa county and didn’t get a response which from past experience (mine and others) wasn’t a surprise.
Nope, spoke with my area warden. Rifles are a go at night. My old depredation permit specifically said use of rifles was ok. This new law just means you don't have to bother the GW any more for the permit.

permit2.PNG

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, spoke with my area warden. Rifles are a go at night. My old depredation permit specifically said use of rifles was ok. This new law just means you don't have to bother the GW any more for the permit.
No offense, but I’d rather hear it from a GW myself (preferably the one in Alfalfa county which more than likely isn’t going to happen).

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I added a copy of my permit to my reply. It specifically states rifles in the list of authorized devices, but I certainly understand why you would want to hear it for yourself. You can find a list of all OK game wardens phone numbers on the web. Shoot him a text for confirmation. If he won't respond, try another. That way you will have documentation from a state official LEO on your phone.
No offense, but I’d rather hear it from a GW myself (preferably the one in Alfalfa county which more than likely isn’t going to happen).

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I added a copy of my permit to my reply. It specifically states rifles in the list of authorized devices, but I certainly understand why you would want to hear it for yourself. You can find a list of all OK game wardens phone numbers on the web. Shoot him a text for confirmation. If he won't respond, try another. That way you will have documentation from a state official LEO on your phone.
Text was sent and never responded to. I don’t have a thermal right now anyway, so it’s not a huge deal. I would at least expect the guy to answer a “legal” question from a land owner in his county though. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom