I didn't know beans about high blood pressure...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like hot stuff (lol, within reason), but the taste of horseradish just never appealed to me.

Pickled/sliced jalapenos are my drug ... err ... "hot stuff" of choice, but I also like tabasco and chipotle. :D

Horseradish is only good quality if it causes sweat pouring from your forehead and snot running out your nose.

Bush Dog

Blissfully Confused
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are lots of different classes of bp meds. People usually have to try a few different ones until they find one that suits them best. I recommend going back to your doctor and getting a different prescription. Just an fyi, canned foods like beans have super-high amounts of sodium, which consequently can increase your blood pressure. Go to Walmart and get a blood pressure monitor and take it every day. If your numbers stay high you’re at risk for a stroke.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have low sodium versions of canned beans and other canned foods. If you read food labels don’t by any prepared or packaged foods that have more than 1mg of sodium per calorie.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are lots of different classes of bp meds. People usually have to try a few different ones until they find one that suits them best. I recommend going back to your doctor and getting a different prescription. Just an fyi, canned foods like beans have super-high amounts of sodium, which consequently can increase your blood pressure. Go to Walmart and get a blood pressure monitor and take it every day. If your numbers stay high you’re at risk for a stroke.
The more insidious worries, without even notable high blood pressure, but just moderate and completely asymptomatic high blood pressure are congestive heart failure and kidney failure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom