I despise walmart but....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ROTFLMAO, I have NO love for wallyworld.. We don't shop there but on a rare occasion.. .22 you should be buying at your local Atwoods or online.. $1.99 for Aguila HV which I feel is better than the thunder duds cousin, Golden bullets.. At Atwoods this week and they quite often have a .22 on sale, weeks earlier it was cci's Blazer also for $1.99 a 50 rd box.. You want to build a supply you have to buy thousands at a time, heck I blasted 250 rds earlier this evening.. Atwoods also recently put their ammo on the shelves, I much prefer that..

I don't have moeny to buy thousands of rounds, plus what amount I do shoot, I may run 15 I may run double that just depends what I have going on at the time I feel like shooting. Right now golden bullets do me just fine for the price to waste away and whatever till I get use to this gun and with a scope which I have never ever used.

If atwoods has it on the shelf will look at the prices. Its what I can afford at the time, in my budget every penny counts.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mac it sucks but its life, just when I find something fun to do. Bad enough I lost my house to foreclosure, so all my tools I have in my shop aka garage are in storage was getting into woodworking with pallet wood at the time, it helped relieve stress and anxiety I was dealing with too. This is something to me to relax with it and enjoy at least for the time being.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Academy, Blazer .22lr is 2.50 per 50 rd box and cheaper than golden bullets from wally world. Unfortunately, walmart has a cheaper price on both 9mm and .40 s&w in WWB, but its only by a buck or two so I get it from Academy where the worst thing I get is a few glares from the occasional yuppie wannabe who obviously doesn't like firearms.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always use the self-checkout. No complaints here about Walmart. I don't do a lot of shopping, but they usually have what I'm looking for.
The self-check corrals are the best thing that ever happened for get in, get your stuff, and get the heck out of Dodge guys. The ones that bug me are the ones that still shut down the self-check registers at 10pm. At least some of them have figured out that they can have a single checker running eight registers at the self check instead of having one checker with a bunch of people backed up at her register while someone has to run to the back of the store because someone grabbed the one widget that didn't have a label with a UPC code...

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh I hate those, it happens at work all the time, can have 20 on the shelf spend 15 mintues looking at them and grab the one that doesn't have a label or barcode then get a call from the registers need a price check don't have a barcode or item number, so run up get item go back find it take it back up there give item number than customer ask can I get a discount for nto being labeled or never mind I don't want to pay that much, and its busier than all kinds.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have moeny to buy thousands of rounds[…]
The week after Thanksgiving last year I ordered one of those Black Packs of Federal copper plated hollow point .22. About $38 shipped for 1600 rounds (after the rebate). That’s the equivalent of about $1.20 for a 50 round box.

If you can’t afford that, fair enough. I’ve had hard times too. But keep an eye out for deals. Buying in bulk is the way to go when you can put the money forward. Buying a little every week can be a good way to steadily build your stash, but saving that money to put toward a good bulk deal might be a more effective use of your funds.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t buy much from Walmart or Target anymore, but what I do buy is usually about the same price at both places, so if you have a Target nearby, give it a try. They don’t have all the departments Walmart does, but for groceries, household goods, certain clothes, etc. you may find Target a better option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom