I despise walmart but....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i loathe walmart. period. the reason they charge less for many items is they've changed the definition of the measurements and quality. first noticed it when my daughter was a little girl, they were a dollar lower for a case of Coke than anyone else in town....then i saw the walmart case only held 20 cans of Coke.

walmart has single handedly created the throw away mentality of this country. cheap chinese crap

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. Every time I do go I get my stuff and then stand in line for 20 minutes. WTF do they have 20 checkout registers and only one working? God how I hate WalMart!

Learn how to use the self-checkout registers. I know it looks daunting but it's not. The silver haired ladies that shop there can do it so can you! Since they installed those I've never waited more then 5 minutes.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i loathe walmart. period. the reason they charge less for many items is they've changed the definition of the measurements and quality. first noticed it when my daughter was a little girl, they were a dollar lower for a case of Coke than anyone else in town....then i saw the walmart case only held 20 cans of Coke.

walmart has single handedly created the throw away mentality of this country. cheap chinese crap

For realzzzz? Every single major retailer in the USA sells the same Chinese made junk. WalMart didn't create the throw away mentality. It's us cheap ass consumers that created it. We are also the cause of the influx of illegal aliens. If an American offers to mow your lawn for $25 and the Mexicans come along and say they'll do it for $22 you'll pick the Mexicans over the Americans. WalMart is simply meeting your demand for cheap crap. Of course you could go to Target and pay 50 cents more for that Chinese junk but that wouldn't be the American way would it?

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For realzzzz? Every single major retailer in the USA sells the same Chinese made junk. WalMart didn't create the throw away mentality. It's us cheap ass consumers that created it. We are also the cause of the influx of illegal aliens. If an American offers to mow your lawn for $25 and the Mexicans come along and say they'll do it for $22 you'll pick the Mexicans over the Americans. WalMart is simply meeting your demand for cheap crap. Of course you could go to Target and pay 50 cents more for that Chinese junk but that wouldn't be the American way would it?

True, But but did you know wally owns the largest ships in the country / world ? Made for 1 purpose to run back and forth to china.. Wally also has had a glitch in their system that scams folks out of 10 bucks that has likely made millions.. They also rearrange the store at set intervals to keep the consumer in there longer which results more $ spent.. "We" will pay more $ to stay out of wally, I do the same when it comes to Lowes, I'll shop at ace instead.. My time away from the employer is precious..

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

you could not be more wrong. i have zero demand for cheap crap.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, But but did you know wally owns the largest ships in the country / world ? Made for 1 purpose to run back and forth to china.. Wally also has had a glitch in their system that scams folks out of 10 bucks that has likely made millions.. They also rearrange the store at set intervals to keep the consumer in there longer which results more $ spent.. "We" will pay more $ to stay out of wally, I do the same when it comes to Lowes, I'll shop at ace instead.. My time away from the employer is precious..

Every retailer rearranges their stores on set schedules. That's simply Marketing 101. And WalMart doesn't own a fleet of container ships. Nor does Target. Home Depot doesn't either. And I'm sure you be surprised to find out that the companies that supply their good for these retailers to sell pay them for shelf space. Kellogg's, Post, Hunts, etc. pay these retailers to have their good displayed on certain shelves. Eye level, shoulder level, floor level and end cap shelves all have different values.

If you wanna pay more for the same Chinese junk well, that's your right and the American way.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really have anything against Walmart, but the people who shop there drive me nuts.

And yeah, if you're going to lock the ammo up, have someone nearby to get it out. This seems to me to be a fairly recent development, there used to ALWAYS be a guy in sporting goods at our local Walmart. Now, it's rare and it seems that way in every Walmart.

I have left and gone to, or ordered online from Academy (usually free shipping), so while it will never bankrupt them, it HAS cost them some sales.

Latest posts

Top Bottom