I despise walmart but....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have tried so many bulk 22lr ammo trying to find something that will work in all my semi-auto 22ls pistol and rifle. along with lever action and single action. I have had the best success with Golden bullets. I buy the 525 packs for about $28 each at my LGS that is cheaper than academy unless its on sale.

I have seen those and wondered if its a good bulk pack. I have heard the bucket o bullets by remington were junk, but like any 22 ammo you are going to have some misfires. Out of the first would 3 box of golden's may have been 4 I had 1 missfire, reloaded turned it and it fired I say thats pretty good. So far I have been happy with the golden's blazing snakes at my pond they have been on target so am sticking with them unless something changes. If I can afford better ones I want to try cci rounds of course the more you pay the better the quality.

I had a 22 revolver for a short stint and was given some browning 22 for some reason it would not load seemed like the case was slightly oversized for about half the box, golden's slide right in and ejected fine, browning took some muscle to get the empty's to eject out, I didn't like that.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love Wal-Mart!!! Sometimes I go there just to people watch so I can feel better about myself.

Back on topic: For the OP, If I remember right you have a bolt action rifle? If so just buy the bulk packs of .22, your failure rate will be lower than the guys trying to run it through their semi-auto. I take the bulk packs and pour them out on a towel to wipe them off as they are dirty....which causes most peoples problems.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Wal-Mart!!! Sometimes I go there just to people watch so I can feel better about myself.

Back on topic: For the OP, If I remember right you have a bolt action rifle? If so just buy the bulk packs of .22, your failure rate will be lower than the guys trying to run it through their semi-auto. I take the bulk packs and pour them out on a towel to wipe them off as they are dirty....which causes most peoples problems.

Nope semi auto marlin model 60, it does good with the golden bullets, just once a while will get a stove pipe or will jam a new one under a spent case it tried to pull and eject, and in the process of pulling back the bolt to clear it, then wants to load another on top the 2 that are jammed. I am going to try a new ejector spring, if it still does it will look into the extractors, the look worn to me the tips looked rounded and could be loosing the empty will slams back, then causing the stove pipe when the bolt flies back forward jamming it up.

I even took the recoil spring out, and by hand going slow cycled it running through the tube about 4 times worth of ammo, never a hiccup.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a 'Big Box Retail' cat herder. It's tough to get some folks to understand that you'll never get all of these things at the same time/place --- lowest price, best selection, best service. You can only choose 2 of 'em. Those that say this is wrong are delusional. About the best you'll be able to get are --- low prices, good selection, adequate service. There are plenty of places that offer that. You just have to decide which is best for your circumstance. For myself, different products have differing criteria for where I tend to shop. I don't 'waste' a lot of money, so my options tend to skew towards the best selection and best service for my durable goods. Consumables tend to skew towards the lowest prices.

*Your results may vary.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never hidden the fact that I work in a Walmart sporting goods department, so you guys are hurting my feelings... or you would be, if I cared! I like to say that I'm trying to be that "unicorn"--a Walmart sporting goods associate who knows guns and ammo and will give you good service. That I am was brought home to me when I called another store. A customer didn't like the Marlin 336 we had in the gun tower (the only one we had that day, IIRC) and asked me to call around to see if any nearby stores also had one. I called the closest store and, when I finally got someone on the line, I asked them if they had a Marlin 336 in stock. His reply? "What's that?" Now, at the time, we only carried two Marlins--the 336 and the 60. I had to describe it to him and he had to go to the gun locker to see if he had one. Why he didn't use the A&D log is beyond me.

BTW, if you come to my store and I'm not in the department, I can be reached by radio. It's not a store radio, it's mine. I bought it shortly after I started working in the department since if I waited until the store provided me with a radio I'd still be waiting now, almost four years later. If I'm not right there, I'm either on the other side of the store (I don't move as fast as I used to,) in the rest room, or helping another customer outside of sporting goods (at night, I have to cover the paint counter and the fabric table, too.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom