I dropped a primer under the bench...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to lose a primer.....

(Or a bullet or cartridge case too)

Throws a wrench into the works!

The odd number screws up the system!
for sure in a primer magazine press. I just started dumping my bin in a plastic atwoods ammo can and now I don't like losing a primer, but my ocd is satisfied, now it just likes full cans and doens't want to sit there for an hour.

Slyhuntr

Marksman
Reaction score
Loading up some 7.62x54r rounds for just some casual shooting, so I am using salvaged primers - i.e. primers I punched ouot of other rounds that were unshootable for one reason or another.

I fumble-fingered the primer getting it into the installation cup, and it bounced around a few times....then hit the floor and rolled under the bench. And it's the last primer of the batch.

Dangit.

I crawl around under there with a flashlight looking, because, hey, it's a primer. Probably worth $20 these days.

And I find it !

Sort of...
View attachment 211825

Looks like it's missing something. The anvil fell out when it bounced around. I have no idea where it is...

crawl around more, turn off the lights and hold the flashlight parallel to the floor....

Lo ! What is this ?

View attachment 211826

I found another primer ! a complete one this time ! Woo-Hoo !

But there's still an anvil down there lurking in the dark amongst the other detritus...

This is gonna bug me.
I used to have my bench down in my shop with a bare concrete floor. I dropped a primer and didn’t realize it one day till I stepped on it. I about crapped myself when it popped. I’m just like ya, lost one here a few days back and spent a lot of time looking for it, bout couldn’t get up from being down there too long. Sucks getting older.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have my bench down in my shop with a bare concrete floor. I dropped a primer and didn’t realize it one day till I stepped on it. I about crapped myself when it popped. I’m just like ya, lost one here a few days back and spent a lot of time looking for it, bout couldn’t get up from being down there too long. Sucks getting older.

Still beats the alternative though.

Being that we live in an RV and knowing that there have been major water leaks in the plumbing in RV's in the past, anytime we leave the RV park, we turn off the water to the RV. Currently, the valve for our water is about a foot or so under ground level, so I get to get down on one knee to reach in and turn it off. Fortunately, the pole with the electrical outlets is right next to the water "compartment," so I have something to help me get up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom