I Finally Got It Home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a 3.8-liter 220 HP Hemi head double overhead cam straight six cylinder. It is the same motor used in the XKE sportscar with 20 less HP because of cams and one less carburetor. 0 to 60 mph in 8.8 seconds. It has the 4 speed with electronic overdrive which is more desirable than the automatic. I'm not sure if it has the factory positrack rear axle or not. It has four wheel disc brakes and a surprise to me, a telescoping steering wheel. The more I research the car more I'm amazed at the features it has to be a 1962 car. I hope to have the motor looking like the one in this picture.
polished motor.jpeg
1962 Jaguar Mk II (5).jpg
1st day home, 6-11-22 (5).JPG

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It is a 3.8-liter 220 HP Hemi head double overhead cam straight six cylinder. It is the same motor used in the XKE sportscar with 20 less HP because of cams and one less carburetor. 0 to 60 mph in 8.8 seconds. It has the 4 speed with electronic overdrive which is more desirable than the automatic. I'm not sure if it has the factory positrack rear axle or not. It has four wheel disc brakes and a surprise to me, a telescoping steering wheel. The more I research the car more I'm amazed at the features it has to be a 1962 car. I hope to have the motor looking like the one in this picture.View attachment 282684View attachment 282685View attachment 282686
That is just sweet. Thanks for the pics.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a 3.8-liter 220 HP Hemi head double overhead cam straight six cylinder. It is the same motor used in the XKE sportscar with 20 less HP because of cams and one less carburetor. 0 to 60 mph in 8.8 seconds. It has the 4 speed with electronic overdrive which is more desirable than the automatic. I'm not sure if it has the factory positrack rear axle or not. It has four wheel disc brakes and a surprise to me, a telescoping steering wheel. The more I research the car more I'm amazed at the features it has to be a 1962 car. I hope to have the motor looking like the one in this picture.View attachment 282684View attachment 282685View attachment 282686
Awesome buy! Maybe I'll get lucky and get a ride in it some day. :hey3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom