I Forgot How Much I Hate Brass Prep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I told myself it'd be fun to add another caliber to the reloading bench. "You might as well start loading for .223 since you have all of the components" is what I told myself. I bought some projectiles and dies and am getting started. I forgot how much I hated brass prep when getting 100-200 cases ready for the 6.5CM, .308, or 30-06. Now I'm trying to get 1000 cases ready for .223. I have no grip strength left, fingers hurt whenever I try to move them, and I haven't even got to the fun part yet (for me at least), which is powder and bullet seating. I've got them all sized with the full length small base die, trimmed, and am working chamfering and deburring. Lord I hate brass prep!

Enough typing, my fingers hurt...

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you want us to call you a wahmbulance? :rollingla
If this EMT shows up, sure.
upload_2021-6-13_21-31-1.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tumble a lot one day, put aside.
Do another lot a few days later until getting all polished.
Get out the custom built motorized pneumatic trimmer and trim cases for a few hours when felling like it.
Get out the Hornady case prep kit with 5 spindles, deburr inside and out, and brush inside case mouth.
All of this may take two weeks give or take to get 1-2K rounds prepped.
Reloading for me is a relaxing hobby to be used to fill in time and prep for matches. Been reloading since the early 80’s. It’s danged rare to buy factory.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1000 Cases? That's all? I had to sort out another 3500 just to get started today!
Yes, only 1000. I've got about 1800 tumbled and swaged and around 5K dirty range pickups, but have zero interested in trying to get them all processed at one time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom