I Forgot How Much I Hate Brass Prep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
are you doing them on a single stage and hand trimmer?
I'm using a Lyman case prep station and the Frankford Arsenal micrometer trimmer that chucks into a drill. I've always loaded my rifle calibers on a Rockchucker. I can get 1000 loaded fairly quickly even through the single stage. It's just the brass prep that is really time consuming. I use my Dillon for 9 and 45, and the single stage for all of the rifles.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm using a Lyman case prep station and the Frankford Arsenal micrometer trimmer that chucks into a drill. I've always loaded my rifle calibers on a Rockchucker. I can get 1000 loaded fairly quickly even through the single stage. It's just the brass prep that is really time consuming. I use my Dillon for 9 and 45, and the single stage for all of the rifles.

Yea, I bet your fingers are a little PO'd. I do 223REM on my 650Xl with RT1200 trimmer. The only real downside with that way is that it does not give you a chamfered edge. Not a big deal in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom