I found a goldmine of prepper/permaculture info.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m looking to build something like this.
F0828D37-9FA5-48F5-A303-5D5D98DBCAB9.jpeg

I’ve found several sources stating that the ideal ratio of air box to combustion chamber to chimney is 1:2:4. I don’t mind the weight too much, I’m thinking of making it to where I can slide it into my truck hitch receiver for transport, or into a reciever on my soon to be started travel trailer. This is ultimately going to be doing my cooking when car camping/hunting, rather than my expensive to fuel backpacking stove.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least from what I can tell so far. Just browsed around, seems like there’s a little bit of good stuff about everything on here.
I actually stumbled across the place looking for a good definitive source for designing camping rocket stoves. No dice, but lots of other stuff. Worth a browse.

https://permies.com/forums
You know what that chit is ? It is the way OUR ancestors operated many moons ago. If'n you've looked at my recent postings here you may see a correlation.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been on Permies for a while. Biggest library of useful info on the subjects I've found. They do a good job of weeding out the political or ideological posts by "purple" permies (Marxist, hippies, koombaya types) and stick with the "brown" permies who are more into the engineering, prepping, science of it.

Dr. Redhawk's threads on soil building are probably the best source of info on the subject anywhere.

https://permies.com/wiki/redhawk-soil
Several years now myself.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m looking to build something like this. View attachment 249320
I’ve found several sources stating that the ideal ratio of air box to combustion chamber to chimney is 1:2:4. I don’t mind the weight too much, I’m thinking of making it to where I can slide it into my truck hitch receiver for transport, or into a reciever on my soon to be started travel trailer. This is ultimately going to be doing my cooking when car camping/hunting, rather than my expensive to fuel backpacking stove.
Our stove consists of 11 cinder blocks and the heat has cracked 2. But then It is not a mobile stove. It roars with heat and has a 2 hole cook surface and additional heating surface. I can pull the 2 burner stove grate off the kitchen stove and it fits the blocks like it was made for it. There's a fellow on ebay that has been selling stoves similar to the 1 above that break down into a 50 cal can.

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m looking to build something like this. View attachment 249320
If you decide to sell one let me know. Or accept custom designs. I want one that isn’t large but could be used for daily cooking if need be.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you decide to sell one let me know. Or accept custom designs. I want one that isn’t large but could be used for daily cooking if need be.
I've been thinking about doing just that. Maybe not custom, but make 2-3 sizes and see if they sell. I am pretty sure I can make them and sell them for a profit while still selling for under what you find online.

First things first, I have a bathroom and kitchen remodel to finish up. then I can get the garage moved around and unpacked, so I can use my stuff again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom