I found all the .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With Federal and CCI cranking out over ten million rounds a day at times, I would guess he needs to diversify his portfolio, lol
Indeed. If you wanted to invest in the future, I'd diversify a lot of that into AR lowers. If Hillary makes it, you can be sure another AWB will be tried (and, God forbid, successfully passed). Guns shooting .22 will be available for quite some time, and ammo makers will keep making it accordingly.

Sounds like all those "investors" are just like all the others who think they're day traders. They bought high, and now are going to be sitting on it when it's low.

Owlcreekok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I considered briefly the idea of investing in hardware back in the early 80's. Better sense gained the advantage. While I firmly believe the day is coming that the popular semi autos will become NFA (likely with the same 1 yr grace that took place in '33) there are too many variables at play in the hands of patently ignorant policy makers. Money sitting in a gun safe, whether in currency or hardware is a poor risk if hoped to yield a return. Neither eats well and both could easily become worthless.

I have exactly one piece of hardware that would be a possible candidate for a few hundred percent margin on investment. However, if the SHTF it would be too valuable in it's present form, given some modification to reduce it's fuel efficiency. Those little red wagons are real handy, yanno.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Owlcreekok...too bad you didn't mortgage your house and buy all the Colt Pythons in the 80s. As for putting the popular semi autos in the NFA group. Oh holy crap! Interestingly, a coworker is seriously planning on taking all of his guns, except a shotgun and a 22, to the Wanenmacher's gun show and selling them; if Clinton wins. He's tired of the crap!

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Owlcreekok...too bad you didn't mortgage your house and buy all the Colt Pythons in the 80s. As for putting the popular semi autos in the NFA group. Oh holy crap! Interestingly, a coworker is seriously planning on taking all of his guns, except a shotgun and a 22, to the Wanenmacher's gun show and selling them; if Clinton wins. He's tired of the crap!

I can empathize, tbh. While I can't stomach the idea of getting rid of my collection, I have thought that it'd be a lot less stressful if I gave up on guns and moved on to something else. No more wondering when proverbial "big one" is coming, whether it be a shortage, panic, or ban. However, there are many who want exactly that. Make it annoyingly difficult and frustrating to drive people away. So I may not be going at it full throttle, but I'm certainly not quitting either.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the Academy opening in MWC and was thinking of buying some .22 WMR and picked up a box and put it back. Walked around a bit and came back just to see if any had moved (there were about 12 boxes of WMR and there was this guy with a basket and he had ammo in the basket and was loading up all the .22 mag ammo.
I figured he had a store somewhere and was buying up the ammo to stock his store and sell at a profit.
Had a bro-in-law that owned an auto parts store once and he'd go to K-Mart and buy oil and use it to stock his store..???

Latest posts

Top Bottom