I Got a Warning PM Today For My Behavior

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
and I wasnt offended zach

This wasn't about being "offended", but about genuine hurtful things to say. Your jesting is not relevant to this thread.

@zghorner thanks for taking it like a man and apologizing.

Unless someone has a good reason (PM me or another mod), I think this thread should only stay open for a short time.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This wasn't about being "offended", but about genuine hurtful things to say. Your jesting is not relevant to this thread.

@zghorner thanks for taking it like a man and apologizing.

Unless someone has a good reason (PM me or another mod), I think this thread should only stay open for a short time.
Um, it was me he directed the insult to originally. Nothing was said by the mods then but...

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Um, it was me he directed the insult to originally. Nothing was said by the mods then but...

Correct, but the use of autism as a joke *was* hurtful to another member. I didn't catch it initially because I don't pay a lot of attention to you two unless I have a reason to. Surprise! I don't read every post on OSA intently.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty outspoken as well, I am somewhat too outspoken and my wife has to mediate me with her family. I was in the military and used to giving and receiving insults. Some of you would be mighty surprised at what soem guys int he military think is humorous. I'm not likely to change, it's me and I'm 74 with renal failure. Don't mean any harm and I'm not PC and refuse to be but I'll go out of my way to help someone or buy them some food.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct, but the use of autism as a joke *was* hurtful to another member. I didn't catch it initially because I don't pay a lot of attention to you two unless I have a reason to. Surprise! I don't read every post on OSA intently.
My GFs son is autistic so I deal with it first hand sometimes. I did find it in poor taste as well and I wondered who else here might be offended if they are or have autism.
Nothing was said, even though it was a joke. That coming from me would have resulted in a ban.
But anyway, doesnt matter now.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My GFs son is autistic so I deal with it first hand sometimes. I did find it in poor taste as well and I wondered who else here might be offended if they are or have autism.
Nothing was said, even though it was a joke. That coming from me would have resulted in a ban.
But anyway, doesnt matter now.
Unequally enforing PC standards is actually part of PC culture. You’re basically Roseanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom