I got the chineses virus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is the first time I have heard that. Who told you that ? Do you have that tested on a regular basis or what ?

My ICU doctor and my Primary Care Dr. Both gave me warnings about thinking I was invincible (i.e. immune) due to the fact that they have treated patients who have tested positive twice and become very ill. My PC said it was a 4.5 month gap between episodes for one lady.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm continuing to pray for everyone's full recovery. Now, we need details on this dream car you speak of!!

GT500

IMG_8640.JPG

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, I'm no doctor but I would like to share my experience to possibly help.

My pulmonologist doc and physical therapist have me trying to "exercise" while I am still on oxygen. The theory is creating a demand for my lungs to work so they rebound. My lower left lung won't inflate and I'm still on oxygen. I'm to use my pulse ox on my finger and keep it above 90 while I walk. I think it's working because I was able to use the restroom today without losing my breath. It's the small victories! I know you're tired and have little motivation but don't sit around in a chair all day. Move as much as you can without dropping your oxygen. Also, drink plenty of water because that is suppose to help by staying hydrated.

This "long haulers" crap is real. Just prepare yourself that its a long road to recover for some survivors. It's been a hard pill for me to swallow because pre-ICU I was a healthy non-smoking 53 yr old who went 90 miles per hour from 430am until 10pm. Now I'm lucky to walk outside for a few minutes and look at my dream car my wife bought me when I got out of the hospital.

Prayers for your healing as well.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

It’s only a neighborly thing for me to offer to come drive that car and motorcycle to make sure they stay lubricated and the tires don’t get flat spots. It’s just the kind of guy I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought so too. Unfortunately the anti-bodies only last 90ish days and you can get it again. They say the second time is worse than the first.

A Negative. My wife didn't get sick and she is O Positive. One of the nurses in the ICU told me they had ZERO O positive patients.

I hope they sent you home with Combivent inhaler. If not, as your primary care provider for one.
what is it?

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ICU doctor and my Primary Care Dr. Both gave me warnings about thinking I was invincible (i.e. immune) due to the fact that they have treated patients who have tested positive twice and become very ill. My PC said it was a 4.5 month gap between episodes for one lady.
They say that there are six distinct types or clusters of COVID-19 from mild to severe. That accounts for those who have no or mild symptoms to those with severe symptoms. Some say getting the mild version doesn't protect you from the severe one. They also say T cells can protect you.
Their six suggested clusters are:

1. Flu-like with no fever: Headache, loss of smell, muscle pains, cough, sore throat, chest pain, no fever.

2. Flu-like with fever: Headache, loss of smell, cough, sore throat, hoarseness, fever, loss of appetite.

3. Gastrointestinal: Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, sore throat, chest pain, no cough.

4. Severe level one, fatigue: Headache, loss of smell, cough, fever, hoarseness, chest pain, fatigue.

5. Severe level two, confusion: Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain.

6. Severe level three, abdominal and respiratory: Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain, shortness of breath, diarrhea, abdominal pain.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/07/covid-19-study-6-strains-severity-kings-college-london/

And one strain may have mutated to bypass masks and hand washing https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/covid-19-mutation-may-be-evolving-to-bypass-masks-hand-washing/

Latest posts

Top Bottom