I had a run in with a CCW'er last night...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I completely disagree, and by that I mean, you're wrong.
A cops' job isn't to "help the situation", it's to serve and protect. When spd67 saw the girls hand in alarming proximity to a gun, at that moment his job was to protect his @$$ and that of his fellow officer. His actions were completely warranted.

Quick PSA: An insurance security verification shows proof of liability insurance. Liability insurance follows the insured, (whereas comprehensive and collision follow the vehicle) therefore proof of liability insurance should remain on the insured, in your wallet or purse... NOT your glove compartment. This logic becomes apparent in the instance you were to drive a friend or relatives vehicle. Thus your DL, CCL, and insurance verification should all be in your wallet.

This young lady was an idiot. In Germany for instance, if you talk back to the Poliezi, you get backhanded in the mouth. For stupidity like cavalierly reaching at a glock, they might only pull you out of the car and shake you a bit. And I'm all for instituting the same liberties stateside.. cause lemme tell you, the BPOL are respected because they deserve it, not because they built it into a clueless public.

So it didn't matter which officer it was, just because she handed him a CCL doesn't mean she can't then pick up a piece and open fire. She got off easy with a good verbal punch in the eye. And likely those girls drove away thinking as much as they did before, which is not at all.

Though I do like with your policy on police contact and I agree that besides telling the officer about your CCW, he needs to know where the gun is before you make a move.

i believe we already showed the germans we won't tolerate that behavior from goverment officials

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Liability insurance follows the insured, (whereas comprehensive and collision follow the vehicle) therefore proof of liability insurance should remain on the insured, in your wallet or purse... NOT your glove compartment. This logic becomes apparent in the instance you were to drive a friend or relatives vehicle. Thus your DL, CCL, and insurance verification should all be in your wallet.

Not entirely correct.

If I were to borrow YOUR car, then all I would need in OK is the security verification form from YOUR insurance company issued to that vehicle. I do not need any forms issued to me by my insurance company. If I then had an accident, coverages would be in effect from your carrier. My insurance would not kick in unless there was insufficient coverage on your policy.

Therefore, just leave the insurance form in your car. That is the place it will need to be regardless of who is driving.

This is what my insurance company states so this is the practice I follow.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick PSA: An insurance security verification shows proof of liability insurance. Liability insurance follows the insured, (whereas comprehensive and collision follow the vehicle) therefore proof of liability insurance should remain on the insured, in your wallet or purse... NOT your glove compartment. This logic becomes apparent in the instance you were to drive a friend or relatives vehicle. Thus your DL, CCL, and insurance verification should all be in your wallet.

Quick PSA: Know what the hell you're talking about before you give quick PSA's.

Do you always come off as a dumbass like this?

FIFY

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I completely disagree, and by that I mean, you're wrong.
A cops' job isn't to "help the situation", it's to serve and protect. When spd67 saw the girls hand in alarming proximity to a gun, at that moment his job was to protect his @$$ and that of his fellow officer. His actions were completely warranted.

This young lady was an idiot. In Germany for instance, if you talk back to the Poliezi, you get backhanded in the mouth. For stupidity like cavalierly reaching at a glock, they might only pull you out of the car and shake you a bit. And I'm all for instituting the same liberties stateside.. cause lemme tell you, the BPOL are respected because they deserve it, not because they built it into a clueless public.

So it didn't matter which officer it was, just because she handed him a CCL doesn't mean she can't then pick up a piece and open fire. She got off easy with a good verbal punch in the eye. And likely those girls drove away thinking as much as they did before, which is not at all.

Though I do like with your policy on police contact and I agree that besides telling the officer about your CCW, he needs to know where the gun is before you make a move.

Quick PSA: k.

j707h

Marksman
Reaction score
Not entirely correct.

If I were to borrow YOUR car, then all I would need in OK is the security verification form from YOUR insurance company issued to that vehicle. I do not need any forms issued to me by my insurance company. If I then had an accident, coverages would be in effect from your carrier. My insurance would not kick in unless there was insufficient coverage on your policy.

Therefore, just leave the insurance form in your car. That is the place it will need to be regardless of who is driving.

This is what my insurance company states so this is the practice I follow.

Yes, I'm always a hardass, especially when it's a matter of principle.

And KOBET, I'll reiterate; Security verifs are issued to people not vehicles. Notice if you are covered on two vehicles how you get one verification with your name on it, not two, unique to each vehicle. Liability, which pays for the damage you do to others and their property, follows the insured and is reflected on a security verification.
Comp and Collision follow the vehicle and is not represented on a security verification.
If you were to wreck your friends vehicle, your liability insurance would cover anyone injured or anything damaged if you were at fault. Your friend's collision would cover repairs for their vehicle.

I have an insurance license and experience in the ins field, so believe whatever you want but this is fact. Ask any adjuster.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I'm always a hardass, especially when it's a matter of principle.

And KOBET, I'll reiterate; Security verifs are issued to people not vehicles. Notice if you are covered on two vehicles how you get one verification with your name on it, not two, unique to each vehicle. Liability, which pays for the damage you do to others and their property, follows the insured and is reflected on a security verification.
Comp and Collision follow the vehicle and is not represented on a security verification.
If you were to wreck your friends vehicle, your liability insurance would cover anyone injured or anything damaged if you were at fault. Your friend's collision would cover repairs for their vehicle.

I have an insurance license and experience in the ins field, so believe whatever you want but this is fact. Ask any adjuster.

Thats funny cause when I got in a fender bender driving my wife's car (then girlfriend) Her insurance paid, and up until a coupole of years ago, I was not allowed on her policy, do you suck at your job?

Latest posts

Top Bottom