I hate it when old friends go down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My lady friend who lived with me in Colorado called to tell me heart damage and congestive issues have her down to 35% heart efficiency. Sad, she is a good friend, we traveled together all over the west, had fun at hot springs, panning for gold, doing wildlife photography together. Living in Saguache county Colorado suited her attitude, she was dear friends with our Sheriffs department and ranch folks we knew there. She had to leave Colorado since altitude and heart issues dont work together. She has fought Lyme disease since she was a teenager, has lots of orthopedic problems now, and had a bad heart attack, stints and arrythmia problems recently.
Very sad having frank end of life decisions talk with her this morning.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it does suck and my condolences to you and your friend.

Sadly in one form or another death will come for us all.
Yup, we all have an appointment but we can't reschedule. Like the guy said, we were all given a ticket with a number on it when we were born only we don't know what the number is... But when our number is called, that will be it!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least you spent some quality time together. I had four best friends die within a year of college graduation. I was planning on quality time with them and to grow old together and gritch about medical problems but that didn't happen. All I have now is family, wifey, and acquaintances. No best friends anymore. No one wanted the job.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like she has a good friend to lean on in this trying time. Not everyone has that . Bravo to you and my thoughts are with you and your friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom