I Hate It When...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang it!!!!!!

My wife has been after me to pick out my B-Day Present for next week...

Okay I go to H&H today and see a NEW Colt SAA...and I'll take it. I get up to the checkout counter and what the heck do I see???!!!!!

On the right side, about 1/4" from the end of the barrel and on the site is this gray..speckled....light discoloration. I think it may be dry oil or some sort of cosmoline.

I get an oil rag from the sales person and lightly try to wipe it off....it won't come off.

Now I notice it on the other side of the barrel but a little less pronounced.

Now I'm concerned because it's starting to look like some discoloration on the barrel tip...that if I shoot it I DON'T want the bluing to possibly flake off. I didn't want to buy it and have problems THEN I have to send it back to Colt.

NO DEAL...

So they take it back BEFORE I finish my purchase and will have the gunsmith look at it tomorrow.

I just hate finding a new gun, get ready to purchase and see a possible problem...dang it.

Rant off..........:soapbox:

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang it!!!!!!

My wife has been after me to pick out my B-Day Present for next week...

Okay I go to H&H today and see a NEW Colt SAA...and I'll take it. I get up to the checkout counter and what the heck do I see???!!!!!

On the right side, about 1/4" from the end of the barrel and on the site is this gray..speckled....light discoloration. I think it my be dry oil or some sort of cosmoline.

I get an oil rag from the sales person and lightly try to wipe it off....it won't come off.

Now I notice it on the other side of the barrel but a little less pronounced.

Now I'm concerned because it's starting to look like some discoloration on the barrel tip...that if I shoot it I DON'T want the bluing to possibly flake off. I didn't want to buy it and have problems THEN I have to send it back to Colt.

NO DEAL...

So they take it back BEFORE I finish my purchase and will have the gunsmith look at it tomorrow.

I just hate finding a new gun, get ready to purchase and see a possible problem...dang it.

Rant off..........:soapbox:

That sucks :( Nothing like popping your little balloon of happiness

Latest posts

Top Bottom