I hate MATH!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love math! I wish I had more money and time, would spend my time and money in school studying math. I think math can explain everything and that, "there's an equation for that." John Nash, a troubled genius mathematician, even calculated a formula that explains the pattern that pigeons peck. I also like it annoys my wife, who's Asian. She gets mad that I can calculate some stuff in my head quickly and be correct.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Math was my worst subject in HS and College.
After getting into the real world of work, I finally understood how important math really is.
Algebra is widely used in electrical and electronic fields, trig and geometry in carpentry and construction, and so on.
Had to relearn a lot on my own as progression in the electrical/electronic field became how a living was made.
If I remember right, some of the deep space probes that NASA sent out for flyby’s of planets contained messages written in math because it’s universal. 1+1=2, there is no denying that.
How they wrote the messages has been lost to me, but at the time when reading about how they did this, it made sense.

That in bold has always intrigued me. How do "we" know that other alien species use the same symbols for "add," "subtract," "multiply," and "divide?"

If "they" didn't, math isn't so universal.

As for me, I never liked math. Our principal convinced me that I needed to take physics in high school, even though I had told him I was bad in math. I did a six-week session of physics and had an "F" for that six weeks. I immediately marched down to the office and demanded that I be allowed to leave physics with no record of the grade. I didn't need an F to lower my overall grade point average.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I took two years of basic math in high school and that was it. I never needed any of the higher math my whole life until I started doing a little machine work and that was a rare event.
The majority of folks will never use any math skills above 5th or 6th level after leaving college lol. I guess not everyone takes college Algebra now from what I'm hearing? Depending on major and track you're taking in college I guess.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love math! I wish I had more money and time, would spend my time and money in school studying math. I think math can explain everything and that, "there's an equation for that." John Nash, a troubled genius mathematician, even calculated a formula that explains the pattern that pigeons peck. I also like it annoys my wife, who's Asian. She gets mad that I can calculate some stuff in my head quickly and be correct.
I could do proofs in my sleep and couldn’t diagram a sentence to save my life.
Oh yeah?
3x+1

Latest posts

Top Bottom