I hate MATH!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate math too. It took me two tries to pass geometry in high school. Do I need to know the volume of a cone or a cube? No, not really! I didn't see a use for it. It didn't interest me at all. Now if we were tearing apart a ford small block, then you have my attention.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took math & physics in college through calculus. But that was in the 70’s.
Im lucky if I can balance the checkbook today.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the "I love math" camp. I was blessed with good instructors all the way through. I used, and still do to some extent, pretty much most of what I learned, even quadratic equations, throughout my career and hobbies. I really cannot think of any subject area that I haven't been glad that I learned a bit about.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That in bold has always intrigued me. How do "we" know that other alien species use the same symbols for "add," "subtract," "multiply," and "divide?"

If "they" didn't, math isn't so universal.

As for me, I never liked math. Our principal convinced me that I needed to take physics in high school, even though I had told him I was bad in math. I did a six-week session of physics and had an "F" for that six weeks. I immediately marched down to the office and demanded that I be allowed to leave physics with no record of the grade. I didn't need an F to lower my overall grade point average.
I simplified the post about the space probes for expediency.
Here is a much more detailed explanation of what was sent on the deep space probes.
https://www.space.com/amp/38024-math-of-voyager-golden-record.html

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hated shovels and hoes on the family farm.. I liked welding up river barges, but not the hours and pay. Wasn't fond of math, per se, but saying you want to understand science and technology without it is like saying "I don't want to learn to read."
So I studied math that I never before suspected existed until I finally got my degrees, and a nice inside job with no heavy lifting.
Let's keep our motivations and priorities straight here............

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do fine with math until they put LETTERS in it! I think the first B I ever had on a report card was Algebra 1 in 9th grade. If I hadn't had a good (different) teacher in Algebra 2 and took Geometry from our shop teacher (we did literally NOTHING all year), I'd still be in HS LOL. I believe I made an 18 on the math portion of my ACT; in comparison, I think my English portion was a 32 or 34 LOL
I love math! I wish I had more money and time, would spend my time and money in school studying math. I think math can explain everything and that, "there's an equation for that." John Nash, a troubled genius mathematician, even calculated a formula that explains the pattern that pigeons peck. I also like it annoys my wife, who's Asian. She gets mad that I can calculate some stuff in my head quickly and be correct.
Isn't John Nash the guy played by Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
1627946138613.png

I'm waiting for the aliens to visit and ask us where are all the naked women.

Latest posts

Top Bottom