I hate reloading so so so so so much sometimes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a former service technician, you did accomplish the diagosing and fix of the problem which should give you great satisfaction.
There is always a causation and solution to every problem. Some may be multiple causes and intermittant which are really tough but again finding the solution and implimenting it is gratifying.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Examples of this are why I hate reloading! Some people claim it’s relaxing, alleviates stress, is a tonic for the soul, etc. But not me, and I’ve only reloaded “easy” calibers like .38 Special and .45 Colt. The worries about squib loads and double charges, bullets seated too deeply or not enough, primers not set correctly, etc. have me agonizing over each and every cartridge that goes around on my press. Running with the bulls at Pamplona would be more relaxing.

When it goes right, I really do find it to be relaxing. The bad side is that there is definitely a bunch of energy that can go to chasing gremlins.

Yea brass prep is on my hate to do list.

I wish I could say that I was that anal about it, but truth is that you put me to shame there. I don't have the time nor do I have the requirement (right now) for that level of precision. That said, I hope you know I tend to save your posts like these for future reference!!

...but again finding the solution and implimenting it is gratifying.
100% --- probably why I didn't just scrap all the brass and start over. Probably could have done that without too much cost, but then I don't think I'd have got to the root of the issue --- that the rifle has a very tight chamber.

Rayce

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any time I start on rifle rounds, the first one always gets chamber checked. Every time... adjustment are made if necessary.
This makes sure the pull is worth while. Then I check them periodically through the process to make sure of consistent results. No one wants an extra step.. check and check again before you get to far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom