I have a confession.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never understood the "dont carry a nice gun in case it has to go into evidence" argument. I'd prefer to carry a gun I shoot well, can trust and enjoy...if it ends up in the evidence locker, I'd be pretty upset that I just had to shoot someone over the fact that the police have one of my pistols. I dont want to lose any of them but in that situation that would be the least of my concerns.

The HP is also cheaper than the Kimber I was carrying and still do occasionally, thats for darn sure.

I kinda lean the same way, but with such fine models to carry today, Glock, M&P, XD, various 1911 clones (S&W, SIG, Ruger), lets just say it's going to have to get very very deep before I rely on a Python for SD.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've never understood the "dont carry a nice gun in case it has to go into evidence" argument. I'd prefer to carry a gun I shoot well, can trust and enjoy...if it ends up in the evidence locker, I'd be pretty upset that I just had to shoot someone over the fact that the police have one of my pistols. I dont want to lose any of them but in that situation that would be the least of my concerns.

The HP is also cheaper than the Kimber I was carrying and still do occasionally, thats for darn sure.

Even though I mentioned it, its not a major concern. I agree with you about having shot someone.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stuck with the Hornady...wanted some that was as close to same weight and velocity ss I shoot regularly and that was the ticket.
Ive had a box of black talons at the house...just not sure if I wanted to trust old ammo.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aint she purdy??

17522838_1496820593696498_1490220472017414374_n.jpg

bluedog46

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a 1911 guy. I tried a few other pistols first with little success.
Had a Beretta 92, then a Ruger P90, then a G21...then shot a 1911 and LOVED it. It fit me, it shot well, it was good looking...it was everything to me. I've been shooting them for the last 6 or so years.
Then I did something. I bought a Browning Hi Power.
I think I'm converting. It almost perfect. It may be perfect. Since I was a 1911 fanboy I was obviously a 45 fanboy. Didnt really care about capacity either as I shot well with it. But taking the Hi Power to the range, I shoot (slowly) as well with the HP as I do the 1911. I can be on target faster with the HP...and keep shooting longer too (double stack, and cheaper ammo). I havent gotten to the point yet of carrying it but I really think I am headed that way. I've enjoyed the HP way more than I thought I would and I had pretty high expectations for it.
(I actually bought two. The blued/wood one is for "originality"..the black/silver is the one I shoot the heck out of and will probably start carrying).

I know many people who like hi point and 1911 pistols as both have similar triggers it seems at least from when I shot them

Latest posts

Top Bottom