I have an AR with strange issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fallbackpuppet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok replacing the buffer spring didn't fix it. I put a drop in trigger in and it works fine I changed it back out for a regular trigger group (brand new Centurion Arms AST) and it went right back to what it was doing. I checked the springs and they were all correct but just for grins I flipped the trigger spring, and it was a bigger mess with the trigger not returning correctly. So I just put the RISE ARMAMENT RAVE 140 back in and it ran 150 rounds without issue. I have no idea what was actually wrong but it is working now....

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Problem fit between the disconnector and the hook when the BCG is returning is my guess. Probably causing the BCG to drag across the assembly. Might be as simple as the disconnector spring.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok replacing the buffer spring didn't fix it. I put a drop in trigger in and it works fine I changed it back out for a regular trigger group (brand new Centurion Arms AST) and it went right back to what it was doing. I checked the springs and they were all correct but just for grins I flipped the trigger spring, and it was a bigger mess with the trigger not returning correctly. So I just put the RISE ARMAMENT RAVE 140 back in and it ran 150 rounds without issue. I have no idea what was actually wrong but it is working now....
Did you clean the buffer tube good and inspect it for rough places that might slow the buffer. Might oil with a dry lube.

Latest posts

Top Bottom