I have an AR with strange issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughters rifle worked fine for the last three years firing several thousand rounds without issue and recently began acting up. It will fire the first round without issue and will feed the second but then click and won't fire. So for my first test I swapped the upper including BCG with my rifle my rifle functioned normally and hers did the same thing with my upper as with hers. At that point I replaced the trigger group all of it including pins (as it seemed the most likely suspect) however the issue persists. I then removed the trigger group and put both her old group and the new group in my lower. My rifle preformed normally after that I reassembled my rifle and put the new trigger group back in her rifle. The problem persists. Anyone have any ideas?

Not sure if anyone has said it yet but it may be a dirty BCG. I’d say drown that BCG in oil and see what it does. If it was working and then wasn’t it can be the carbon fouling. When is the last time it had a good cleaning?

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if the primers are dented after the click. Worn firing pin or dirty bcg or pin not allowing full travel of the pin. Just an idea

Fallbackpuppet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has said it yet but it may be a dirty BCG. I’d say drown that BCG in oil and see what it does. If it was working and then wasn’t it can be the carbon fouling. When is the last time it had a good cleaning?
I should have mentioned it but that was the first thing I did even before swapping uppers and after the swap her BCG worked totally fine on my lower. where the issue persisted on her lower with my upper including BCG.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without seeing it, I'm leaning towards the bcg is getting hung up in the upper. As a test, pull the buffer and spring and stick 2 quarters in there. Then replace it, oil the bcg and see what happens.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Without seeing it, I'm leaning towards the bcg is getting hung up in the upper. As a test, pull the buffer and spring and stick 2 quarters in there. Then replace it, oil the bcg and see what happens.
?? I guess you' back now??

pramble OSA.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom