I have not seen this happen lately.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last ones I got I wedged into a cardboard box and shot at them and got my bullets back.

That is a perfect use for old books and magazines no one wants.
Then burn them.

EDIT: I do not have a cell phone but I do have a desk top computer.
With a HP VS17 monitor from 2006 or earlier.
Was free off craigslist :)

Last edited:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last ones I got I wedged into a cardboard box and shot at them and got my bullets back.

That is a perfect use for old books and magazines no one wants.
Then burn them.

EDIT: I do not have a cell phone but I do have a desk top computer.
With a HP VS17 monitor from 2006 or earlier.
Was free off craigslist :)
This!

Phone books make great BB traps for kids. Get about 3-4 of the large phone books, all the same size, and build you a framed box to old them upright, but not squeezed in tight. Leave one side of your box open and orient the phone book pages toward that open side. You can stick targets over it so when the kids shoot the target, the BB’s are trapped in between the pages of the phonebooks. Just take them out every so often and shake the open pages over a pan and retrieve the BB’s to use again.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hadn't thought about phone books in years. When I was 8 or 9 yrs old I learned to shoot a 22 with 22 shorts in our full basement shooting into a box packed with phone books. Things had got tough making it on the farm and we lived in town for a year. Dad worked long hours to get back on our feet and trips back to the farm were few and far between. So he taught me Safety, loading and shooting in that basement. It was about the only time we spent together that year, but he made up for it once back at home on the farm. Found out years later he paid the farm off working that year.

Last edited:

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did the same as swampratt. But I Cast some of my own bullets, put phone books inside large paper grocery bags then I could check the expansion of the bullets. Retrieved them and then recast more.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We use to keep them in the outhouse. Pages were softer than the Sears catalogue.

I loved to look thru the Sears catalog as a kid. I have vivid memories of ladies wearing bras that looked like missile nose-cones and girdles.

🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom