I have questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dont go out to eat can fix a meal for us 3 at home for the price of what one person can get going out.
And it isnt ever really what you order its either under cooked or over cooked or something you didnt even order.
In addition to that, you can never be completely sure what's in that food you're getting ready to stick in your mouth. Not only a lot of chemicals that we cannot even start to pronounce, but also a lot of 'strange' people working kitchens these days.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK don’t hate the messenger here folks. I eat at home because my wife’s a great cook. The other HUGE reason is because restaurants in Oklahoma suck! I might have been to a couple that are decent, but it’s a rare occasion.
I tend to agree or you find a decent place with 1 or 2 things you like then either a new cook or remove from menu. Also I figure it's tough cooking for a large audience with such varying taste buds. What I cook at home, in most instances, would have too much spice for most and definitely not enough salt based on what we get when going out. BUT, like others stated, we can cook a dinner for 2 and get 2 lunches(maybe 3) in leftovers for less than one dinner out and we like it better. It does get old not going out so we'll still find a place a couple of times a month.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thing I've noticed is that restaurants are charging credit card fees on top of the bill, regardless of price
Yep. Our vet charges 3% as does our kennel. Winco grocery store "says" they quit taking credit cards so the savings would keep costs from going up as much. True? Who knows but they take debit cards so fine by me.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s what happens if you go to a cashless society. They will start charging more for using a credit or debit card. We ask if they charge the fee. If they do, we started paying with cash or check again. Not giving them anymore than necessary. We go to town twice a week, eat in town at least once a week. It never arrives at our table looking like it does on the commercial. And smaller portions for higher prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom