I have this...problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, so that's the reason so many young people are dying of heart attacks lately. And we all thought it had to do with vaccines, but it's really about them going into 'berserk'mode' while driving, and blowing heart attacks and aneurysms.
Prob'ly quite true. I had my first heart attack at 49. :ugh2:

Woody

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prob'ly quite true. I had my first heart attack at 49. :ugh2:

Woody
I got ya beat. 1st heart attack at 34. I was in great shape. Ran 5 miles a day, 7 days a week. Had the same problem when driving. Things got better when I retired and realized I had nowhere I needed to be quickly. I sold my muscle car, so I wouldn’t feel like I was always obligated to race people every time I hit the road. Then I got a Mazda CX5 (too slow to race). Now I always ask myself why I’m in a rush when I start getting worked up when driving. You need to learn to chill. Stress is a killer and you’ll live longer if you keep yourself under control. Think relax. Life just isn’t that serious most of the time.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got ya beat. 1st heart attack at 34. I was in great shape. Ran 5 miles a day, 7 days a week. Had the same problem when driving. Things got better when I retired and realized I had nowhere I needed to be quickly. I sold my muscle car, so I wouldn’t feel like I was always obligated to race people every time I hit the road. Then I got a Mazda CX5 (too slow to race). Now I always ask myself why I’m in a rush when I start getting worked up when driving. You need to learn to chill. Stress is a killer and you’ll live longer if you keep yourself under control. Think relax. Life just isn’t that serious most of the time.
Lately I just sorta think, "They'll get caught one fine day. Maybe even cause a wreck." As for me, I keep a weary eye on the road and drive like every day is Friday the 13th! :coffee2:

Woody

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My cousin called me last week after he got home from his stent. He said, "Did you know oxygen smells sweet and has a color? I'll keep it simple and call it light blue."

:laugh6: :laugh6: :laugh6:

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drive a Mechanic's truck. There's a reason you don't see them running at Daytona. I've been cut off so many times by people making their exit, but there's no way they're going to just fall in behind you. Nooooo, they they gotta cut you off short to make their turn. I tell them (as if they can hear me) "you're just seconds from becoming a greasy spot", but it doesn't seem to help. Happens all the time. I'm convinced that about 90% of people have no business with a driver's license.

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may be more like a condition, or even a disorder. Regardless, I really do think I may need professional help.

For those that know me, I am the epitome of a gentle giant. I'm 6'3", weigh in around four bills, love my wife, love my daughters, love my grandsons, basically everyone. I'm a born again God fearing Christian, washed in the blood, raised as a southern Baptist. I try to have a calm demeanor and I'm very open minded as well as forgiving.

However... :lookaroun

All that bullsh!t goes down the drain whenever I climb behind the wheel of a car. Somehow, this dark, evil, demonic sonovabitch rears his ugly head and I scream and curse and yell at people who don't know the rules of the road, no more than they know their head from a hole in the ground. I don't know if most people just have their head up their ass, or if they genuinely do not know the rules of the road.

And I'm talking just simple stuff...sitting a red a red light with their right turn signal on, waiting for a green light...not passing the school bus on a 4 lane road after the bus's red lights and stop sign is turned off...sitting at a 4-way stop when they are clearly the one on the right, and next to go, but they sit there and stare at you. And don't EVEN get me started on the whole texting at the stop light, or worse, while driving thang. Hell, I saw a guy reading a book while driving one time! What the hell? :ugh2:

Anyways...am I the only one that screams and yells at people like a :censored: ING banshee on the road? I haven't chased anybody down and threatened bodily harm (yet) so maybe I'm not too far gone. But yeah, I could probably use some time on the couch. :screwy:

Thank you for allowing me to rant. :scream:
It starts as righteous indignation, but soon regresses to road rage. Probably shouldn't carry a gun in your vehicle...

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive a Mechanic's truck. There's a reason you don't see them running at Daytona. I've been cut off so many times by people making their exit, but there's no way they're going to just fall in behind you. Nooooo, they they gotta cut you off short to make their turn. I tell them (as if they can hear me) "you're just seconds from becoming a greasy spot", but it doesn't seem to help. Happens all the time. I'm convinced that about 90% of people have no business with a driver's license.
Since covid I've noticed a TON of 40-60 year old women driving like they're in their own private parking lot. They'll pull U turns right in the middle of traffic, turn left from the far right lane across three lanes of traffic, or stop an entire line of cars to change lanes and make a turn. It's like driving with toddlers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom