I have this...problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even tho I don't pay for OnStar I figure they can still listen to me cuss and it may be used against me somehow (shouldn't own guns with a temper like that).
I'm trying to make a conscious effort to de-escalate and be patient, I am retired after all.
I not only retired from a stressful job, but I retired from, raising kids, and grand kids, trying to tell kids, and grand kids what to do, or how to do it! As well as being in a hurry for anything, getting unnecessarily stressed over anything, even felling guilty over chores that I need to do, but had rather take a nap, etc. I have been working on this 20 years now, and I am getting close! Not only am I happier, but everyone likes this laid-back version of me better, including me!!!

Ians 17/22

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I not only retired from a stressful job, but I retired from, raising kids, and grand kids, trying to tell kids, and grand kids what to do, or how to do it! As well as being in a hurry for anything, getting unnecessarily stressed over anything, even felling guilty over chores that I need to do, but had rather take a nap, etc. I have been working on this 20 years now, and I am getting close! Not only am I happier, but everyone likes this laid-back version of me better, including me!!!

Yep , Revenge is best served Cold.....

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may be more like a condition, or even a disorder. Regardless, I really do think I may need professional help.

For those that know me, I am the epitome of a gentle giant. I'm 6'3", weigh in around four bills, love my wife, love my daughters, love my grandsons, basically everyone. I'm a born again God fearing Christian, washed in the blood, raised as a southern Baptist. I try to have a calm demeanor and I'm very open minded as well as forgiving.

However... :lookaroun

All that bullsh!t goes down the drain whenever I climb behind the wheel of a car. Somehow, this dark, evil, demonic sonovabitch rears his ugly head and I scream and curse and yell at people who don't know the rules of the road, no more than they know their head from a hole in the ground. I don't know if most people just have their head up their ass, or if they genuinely do not know the rules of the road.

And I'm talking just simple stuff...sitting a red a red light with their right turn signal on, waiting for a green light...not passing the school bus on a 4 lane road after the bus's red lights and stop sign is turned off...sitting at a 4-way stop when they are clearly the one on the right, and next to go, but they sit there and stare at you. And don't EVEN get me started on the whole texting at the stop light, or worse, while driving thang. Hell, I saw a guy reading a book while driving one time! What the hell? :ugh2:

Anyways...am I the only one that screams and yells at people like a :censored: ING banshee on the road? I haven't chased anybody down and threatened bodily harm (yet) so maybe I'm not too far gone. But yeah, I could probably use some time on the couch. :screwy:

Thank you for allowing me to rant. :scream:
This can be frustrating, but only if YOU allow it to bother you! I just try and laugh this stuff off, and remember they can't all be prefect, like me? We watch road rage videos on TV, and it scares me to see justy how close people can be, to literlly KILLING someone, over nothing! What would happen if these people were in a REAL CATASTROPHE?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the 70's when I was just beginning to drive on the streets and highways, wasn't there a three second requirement for your turn signal to be on before attempting any lane change? I'm trying to remember this one or is it just something I did on my own to maintain safety?
I think I buried my own question.

Does anyone remember this three second thing? It could have been a small safety campaign someone came up with, I don't know.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I buried my own question.

Does anyone remember this three second thing? It could have been a small safety campaign someone came up with, I don't know.
I was telling some some story, and ask my wife, where did we hear this? She said we didn't hear it , you just made it up! Getting OLD I guess?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine, who worked away from home all week, always made a special effort to be with his family on the weekends. Every Sunday morning he would take his 7 year old granddaughter out for a drive in the car for some bonding time, just he and his granddaughter.

One week in particular he came home sick, and on Sunday he was still battling a bad cold and really didn’t feel up to going out for a drive at all. Luckily, his wife came to the rescue and said that she would take their granddaughter out.

When they returned, the little girl anxiously ran upstairs to see her grandfather.

Well, did you enjoy your ride with grandma?”, asked the sick grandfather.

“Oh yes, GrandPa,” the little girl replied. “And do you know what? We didn’t see a single dumb bastard or lousy sheit head anywhere we went today!”

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a great tip I learned on how to control my temper with bad drivers. Carefully note how often YOU do the same things that piss you off when OTHERS do it! One of my pet peeves is people on side streets that CHARGE stop signs and stop lights. You have no idea if their actually going to stop at the last second or just t-bone you. Naturally as with most idiots they give YOU the stink eye! But to be honest I've caught myself doing some of the things that annoy me the most when others do it. If you remember this you'll usually have a much better perspective.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's a great tip I learned on how to control my temper with bad drivers. Carefully note how often YOU do the same things that piss you off when OTHERS do it! One of my pet peeves is people on side streets that CHARGE stop signs and stop lights. You have no idea if their actually going to stop at the last second or just t-bone you. Naturally as with most idiots they give YOU the stink eye! But to be honest I've caught myself doing some of the things that annoy me the most when others do it. If you remember this you'll usually have a much better perspective.
wouldn't help me a bit. i admit i yell a lot at other drivers but i don't do the same stuff i yell at them for. like blinkers i don't always use them unless there is somebody around me and me not using them will effect them. that's just one example.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok I did not realize that this was such a widespread problem. so, as a public service to the fellow members here i am going to do some redneck therapy on Ya'll. now clearly this is not an anger problem directed at other drivers themselves, but a CONFRONTATIONAL problem... YES, that's right, it's clear that when you/we/us get behind the wheel in the relative safety of our vehicle we can let our pent-up anger loose. Now the only way to get over this is to find the cause of that pent up anger. AS your therapist I can only deduce that it all stems either from your mom not letting you have another cookie when you were 3, or more than likely your current significant other saying something silly like "you DONT need another gun" (or more ammo, beer, etc., etc.).! yes, that's right, it's likely not anything wrong with you whatsoever! probably just a phobia of your wife's and your own non-confrontational niceness coming out. as your therapist I would suggest you get your wife into therapy to see if something could be done in that regard. In the interim, two things come to mind that may help. First start wearing your shirttail out, buy some skinny jeans, and some of those pointy half boots with the zipper on the side with a matching man purse. or second you could just figure out you're a male of the species and like all males you just need to beat your chest and roar a little. by the way times up....

Latest posts

Top Bottom