I have to admit I am a little surprised by this decision SCOTUS UPHOLDS BUMP STOCK BAN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/u-supreme-court-rejects-challenge-144542540.html
I was expecting the SC to continue restricting alphabet agencies abilities from making up regulations and turn that process back over to the legislative branch. I don't know if there is an opinion written that would explain their reasoning or if they simply refused to hear the appeal. Looks like the bump stock ban is here to stay.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seldom do actions to "work around" a law last very long, but I don't believe the issue is dead. Rewrite the appeal, with more facts and start the process over. The original action was brought about by a pretty visible and serious event, and public opinion was way over the top, without any reasonable response from our side as to why the stocks should be allowed.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
what's funny is one of the core philosophies of what you guys call "conspiracy" is to not look at events themselves as much as the events that arise only because of the initial event.

there is officially absolutely nothing regarding the vegas shooting (a motive, a reason, a manifesto, an affiliation, etc etc) except this law on bumpstocks. that's it.

"conspiracy" tho. don't be crazy like me. i'm sure it's just another coincidence.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seldom do actions to "work around" a law last very long, but I don't believe the issue is dead. Rewrite the appeal, with more facts and start the process over. The original action was brought about by a pretty visible and serious event, and public opinion was way over the top, without any reasonable response from our side as to why the stocks should be allowed.
I'm not a lawyer of legal scholar, but it seems to me that rather than going at this in a piecemeal manor of arguing a case about bump stocks or the accessory de jour, a case need to be brought to the courts that agencies like the BATFE and others are operating outside their legislative mandate by creating new laws rather than just enforcing those set forth by Congress. It's no different that a police dept. making up laws they want to enforce without being voted on by the elected members of the city council.

Latest posts

Top Bottom