I hope this isn't a premonition. We don't need more bad stuff right now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the payers everyone. She spent the night in a 'hospital' down there. We talked to the doc. While things weren't done the way *I* would have done them, she sounds like she is doing a little better. She was fighting and wouldn't let anyone touch her last night. Sounds like today she is sitting up and eating some, so that is an improvement. They weren't able to get a urine sample to see if this was a UTI (I think it is likely), but did get some bloodwork which seems a little consistent with that (elevated white count, etc.).

So hopefully she will continue to improve. Thanks for the prayers.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my mother in law was starting to get bad she was refusing to take water. They inserted a peg tube because of the aortic aneurysm she had. I tried to tell her that just having water would not make things last longer just make her comfortable. She wasn't in her right mind and never really was after that point most of the time. She would get little bursts of clarity here and there but otherwise was never 100%. When she finally fell asleep that night I had the nurse come down and give her some water anyway.

To be honest she did not want the peg tube put in but when all this started happening she was not coherent anyway and her sister and granddaughter got her to say ok while I was not there. At that point she was talking about getting out of bed and walking around, she had not walked in nearly 20 years by that point. Her DNR stuff should have went into effect then to be honest but with them being the "family" and me just being the guy who was married to her daughter I didn't push it. Funny thing is that when it was all said and done they stole from me and I ended up being the bad guy anyway.

Loss is hard no matter what happens. I have dealt with way too much of it. I really hope you guys don't have to deal with it yet.

I know when my wife had a UTI a lot of bad things started happening. She had one and I had to go out of town for something and the OKC Mercy Hospital revolving door'd her. Her mother came over from the nursing home to check on her and she was unconscious in her power chair right where EMSA left her.

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just read this thread. I have never read anything anywhere that was so sad. To all of you who are experiencing this most difficult situation may God bless and give you comfort. I lost my mom a few years back and I have some idea of your pain.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like she is back home now, doing better. Antibiotics and fluids have made a difference, she is eating, back on her meds and more agreeable. So it looks like it was a UTI. Thank goodness.

On a side note, the 'touched' sister didn't have a dream about her dying. lol. Thank goodness. And she has stopped seeing Jesus and the angles, I guess.

So it looks like maybe we dodged a bullet for the moment.

Thanks again to everyone for the prayers and well wishes. I know lots of you guys are battling tougher stuff than we are right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom