I just don’t get it……

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We did the same driving to Piedmont on a couple hundred buck check and the bank refused to cash it because we were not a member of their bank. Effin pissed me off royal!

Oh no!! A check is a demand note. If the money is there and you present a check they SHOULD pay out. I had that same discussion with OECU several years ago. Finally told the teller and whatever important muckety-mucks who were standing around trying to look like they knew what they were talking about that if I had to leave without my money they needed to call the cops so we could document that I had a valid demand note, there WAS enough money for the check to clear and they were simply refusing to honor it "just because" for the lawsuit I would be filing. I left with my money. Damned ****ers ...

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I mean you can deposit your checks by phone without leaving your house…. I keep one major bank around for that reason alone
It depends on the check i get one check that you cant do a deposit on your phone it has to be in person so i just hang on to the others and do it all at once. Plus i usually just cash them all and keep the cash on me or at home dont like to go without cash available.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not have a cell phone.
We did the same driving to Piedmont on a couple hundred buck check and the bank refused to cash it because we were not a member of their bank. Effin pissed me off royal!

I bought a motorcycle for my son rebel 250 and the FAA credit union would not honor it when the guy went to cash it.

I had 1000x the money in my accounts.
They told me they will not do business with that person who I bought the motorcycle from because his wife worked there and they got divorced and it was an ugly divorce.

Not your money to decide what to do with it.
So give me all my money right now out of all my accounts in cash You mother F*&$#@#!!!!

They told me they do not keep that kind of cash on hand.
I had to walk with a bank note check of some kind.

F them!!
Yea that stuff makes me very angry to the point of going ape crap on people.
To me that is stealing from me and I know how to deal with a thief.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I write checks for our bills all the time now. One bad experience with the pay-on-line **** was enough for me. Also, years ago VW took 2 lease payments out of my account instead of one. Took them another month to refund my funds. Nope -- ****ing bastards can wait on my handwritten check sent in snail mail. **** them.
That pretty much sums up the reason why I write checks. I don’t trust other people with my money. They can get the old school paper check.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some banks are hard to deal with. A couple wanted to charge me $25 to cash a check, and that’s a big negatory for me. I’m not paying someone to give me my money. :finger:

I do not have a cell phone.

I bought a motorcycle for my son rebel 250 and the FAA credit union would not honor it when the guy went to cash it.

I had 1000x the money in my accounts.
They told me they will not do business with that person who I bought the motorcycle from because his wife worked there and they got divorced and it was an ugly divorce.

Not your money to decide what to do with it.
So give me all my money right now out of all my accounts in cash You mother F*&$#@#!!!!

They told me they do not keep that kind of cash on hand.
I had to walk with a bank note check of some kind.

F them!!
Yea that stuff makes me very angry to the point of going ape crap on people.
To me that is stealing from me and I know how to deal with a thief.

We business bank locally so our subs can take the checks to the banks to cash if that’s the way they wanna do it. We also keep our personal accounts at different banks, just because. It’s easier to track things for us that way.

On the last house we sold my partner & I deposited the proceeds in our little local bank in our company account prior to dispersing the proceeds to our individual accounts at different banks. We were at the bank a couple of weeks later, and instead of just writing checks to ourselves we figured we’d just get a cashiers check for our halves of the money to avoid the holds on the company checks when we deposited them.

The teller wanted to charge us 10 bucks each for the cashier checks.

“It’s a normal, customary fee, you have to pay it”.

“That’s not a problem, just give us the cash. We can take the cash. Just count out the cash.”

She went to get the manager, who kinda sneered at me a little and told her to cut the checks.

So, yeah my money, I’m not paying you to give it to me.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can’t imagine not carrying any cash. When I was working, if we were going out to eat, there was always a couple of guys that always had to hit an ATM for some cash to eat on.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh no!! A check is a demand note. If the money is there and you present a check they SHOULD pay out. I had that same discussion with OECU several years ago. Finally told the teller and whatever important muckety-mucks who were standing around trying to look like they knew what they were talking about that if I had to leave without my money they needed to call the cops so we could document that I had a valid demand note, there WAS enough money for the check to clear and they were simply refusing to honor it "just because" for the lawsuit I would be filing. I left with my money. Damned ****ers ...
Is this a stunt all credit unions are trying? A year or so ago, my son wrote me a check on TFCU. I went to the CU to cash the check and was told I would have to pay them since I personally did not have an account there. I was beyond pissed but when I got through raising hell, I walked out with my money.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this a stunt all credit unions are trying? A year or so ago, my son wrote me a check on TFCU. I went to the CU to cash the check and was told I would have to pay them since I personally did not have an account there. I was beyond pissed but when I got through raising hell, I walked out with my money.

It wouldn't surprise me. Bunch of damned crooks ...

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bank with Wells Fargo here in AZ. Everytime I go to the bank to deposit rental monies they require my two ID's. I tell them, I'm not taking money out of your bank, I'm putting it in. (Cash & Checks) When I give them my Wells Fargo debit card, that should be more than enough, but then they want another picture ID. Why do I need any ID to put money in your DAMN Bank.
On another bank, I own a business. I ask my employee if he would take go to the bank and make the weekly deposit. They would not take it because he was not on my account. But at the same time, the deposited his payroll check!
So now, (not my business money) I use my discover cash back card on most everything, the cash I get, goes to buy other items as they say any deposit over $600 is reported to a government branch. as well as any withdraws over $600.
Why does the bank have the right to report our money to anyone unless court ordered on certain individuals who they may suspect of money laundering. Now I keep most of my cash in my safe. And more so since they don't pay any interest, but they sure charge the others who do not pay off their CC Bills every month, or their loan payments.

Latest posts

Top Bottom