I just don't get food prices these days.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You can bake your own cake. And you can make it with quality ingredients!

You'll have to run the oven though!

Shortening is not a quality ingredient! 🤮

Most people have flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, milk and vanilla at home already!

View attachment 239792

Add a can of pineapple, some butter and brownsugar and walla!

View attachment 239791
Dang dude, that set my mouth to watering.... Time to go be nice to the wifey!:cool:

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that by chance the Justin Wilson recipe for a pineapple upside down cake? I've been meaning to try that one.
No!

Here is what I think I used, after all I took a screen shot of the ingredients!

AA32B9FF-84F4-4D95-8496-C2C08A0E9FFE.png

Click here for the full recipe
Basic yellow cake from scratch

Then if I remember right I used the recipe in the lodge "Field Guide to Dutch Oven Cooking"!

E5A9203F-4E58-4EB8-B504-CB819942A965.jpeg

Pretty sure I omited the water and used the pineapple juice with milk to make the 1-1/4 cups.

It was my first and only time making it.

Looks like I will have to do it again soon! 🙂
And take notes!

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remembered after seeing the recipe, old Justin (may he R.I.P.) used pecans in his version.

Justin Wilson's Pineapple Downside Up Cake

1/4 lb. (1 stick) butter or margarine
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
6-9 pineapple rings (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Dash of salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in 9 or 10 inch deep skillet or baking dish. Stir in brown sugar. Arrange pineapple slices and sprinkle on pecans.
Mix eggs, sugar, juice and vanilla in large bowl.
Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix with egg mixture.
Pour batter over arranged pineapple. Bake 45-50 minutes. Cool thoroughly and invert onto platter.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that Joe, and Ho, have SOLD the right to set world Crude Oil prices back to OPEC, ON HIS VERY FIRST DAY IN OFFICE, by canceling every executive order President Trump put in place, that allowed us to be ENERGY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 50 YEARS, AND THEREFORE CONTROL WORLD CRUDE OIL PRICES! This will effect the price of EVERYTHING that must be farmed, harvested, processed, and transported, including all FOOD! BENCH MARK CRUDE OIL WAS $34.00 PER 42 BBL. ON ELECTION DAY 2020, TODAY IT IS $80.00 BBL. BY NEXT SUMMER IT WILL BE $150.00 BBL AGAIN, REMEMBER? ENJOY WHAT YOU VOTED FOR, OR FAILED TO VOTE AGAINST!

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that Joe, and Ho, have SOLD the right to set world Crude Oil prices back to OPEC, ON HIS VERY FIRST DAY IN OFFICE, by canceling every executive order President Trump put in place, that allowed us to be ENERGY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 50 YEARS, AND THEREFORE CONTROL WORLD CRUDE OIL PRICES! This will effect the price of EVERYTHING that must be farmed, harvested, processed, and transported, including all FOOD! BENCH MARK CRUDE OIL WAS $34.00 PER 42 BBL. ON ELECTION DAY 2020, TODAY IT IS $80.00 BBL. BY NEXT SUMMER IT WILL BE $150.00 BBL AGAIN, REMEMBER? ENJOY WHAT YOU VOTED FOR, OR FAILED TO VOTE AGAINST!
Amen to that

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Mmmmm......Maybe make it when the wifey is not paying attention, then surprise her with a nice big slice!

Then maybe she give you a special treat to reward your extra credit homework! 😁
We have a deal, I cook the savories and she cooks the pastries.... Been keeping us both fat n happy for years . If I cook a cake she gonna start thinking I am up to no good and start asking questions I do not want to answer 🤣 🤣 🤣 :cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom