I know its been done before....Wolf Ammo, humor me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your experience with Wolf ammo.

• I have shot tons of it, no problems.

Votes: 68 28.5%
  • I have shot some of it, no problems.

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • I had nothing but problems with it.

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Less reliable than most, but ok for practice.

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • I had some problems, but not more than any other ammo.

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • I just wanted to vote and feel important.

Votes: 46 19.2%

• Total voters

Koolhandlinc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well, I normally purchase 500 or 1000 at a time. I can't remember a problem i could associate with Wolf! I have purchased a lot! I think its a great round for playin!!!!! plinkin away my time! Its not a premium round but fun The worst thing about Wolf is I shoot it as soon as I get it! :homer:

SE-Okla.Shooter

New to the site!
Reaction score
I shot a ton 7.62x39 many years go with out any problems that I remember. Its hard to beleive but 55 gr 223 shoots better than a lot higher priced ammo out of my Contender 14" barrel. Also wolf match 22 shoots great from Encore 15" and Mossberg M44 U.S.

Koolhandlinc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot several thousand rounds! I was purchasing but the 1000 lot and shoting the crap out of it! Never a problem i could say was the ammo. Now when changing springs in my 1911's yea a few issues but not cause the ammo.

Calibers shot....45acp, 40cal, 380, 7.62 x 45 and .223 and some wolf gold in 22-250, 380, 40 cal, 45acp

For a few years I got into a thing of purchasing a gun shooting it a while then going to a show and trading it or selling it and then getting something different. I mean like I just enjoy playing and shooting different guns.

Guns shot out of (mine and friends and other people who shared at the range)
Star 9mm, XD40, Taurus 40 cal, glock 9mm, springfield 1911, rock island arms 1911, Kimber 1911, Norinco sks and several others not sure of brand, several different ak's, 2 different H&K's 1 in 9mm and the other in 45acp and several AR's in .223 of course, FEG, Keltec. I am sure I have missed something somewhere.

Over a period of several years I can't say that wolf has ever been an issue. This is just my experience. Yea practice ammo thats a hell of a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!:gun1:

So if you want to talk about some ammo thats crap somewhere here I started a thead and I think I was able to post pics of Silver bear and Amerc both had repeated issues and went to my no purchase list and I even pulled the bullets from a bunch of 45acp and 30.06 but thats for a different thread.

WOLF ROCKS and ROCKS and ROCKS

but its not a first choice for carry ammo...............

Nik

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Russian Ammo fine for a Russian Gun (AK47 variants).

Anything other gun, leave it alone. If you can't afford the good stuff then buy an AK so you can shoot Wolf.

Latest posts

Top Bottom