I Learned Something New About The AR Today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-ar-cagb.html
Strike industries collar adjustable gas block. I think this would probably be a better route. I plan on getting one but haven’t yet. I like how it has positive clicks and isn’t just adjustable with an Allen wrench or flat head screwdriver. This runs less than $100 and would be fine for when you want to run with or without a suppressor.

I would have posted a picture but for some reason it’s not Letting me link to the pictures on my phone otherwise there would be one.

I really like that one! I am trying to decide if I want to build a dedicated suppressed upper or if I want to be able to switch between suppressed and unsuppressed. I lean towards dedicated suppressed because I like the concept of everything being the right part for the system, but this style of adjustment seems less likely to seize in a position and would still be adjustable if I want the hand guard to cover most of the suppressor as well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I run my AR's suppressed and unsuppressed, no adjustment required with standard ammo.
A lot of the over gassing is standard in factory rifles for reliability. When shooting competitions, the rifle is set to be as smooth as possible using brakes, and adjustable gas blocks to control the recoil when using lighter loads. Pinch off the gas until the rifle won't lock back on the last round, open up the gas block 1/2 turn, and your "tuned". You can play with the buffer to get the same result.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like that one! I am trying to decide if I want to build a dedicated suppressed upper or if I want to be able to switch between suppressed and unsuppressed. I lean towards dedicated suppressed because I like the concept of everything being the right part for the system, but this style of adjustment seems less likely to seize in a position and would still be adjustable if I want the hand guard to cover most of the suppressor as well.

I could picture carbon being an issue to a certain extent with this. Making it a little bit hard to turn after a while. I think a little brake cleaner would fix it and then a few drops of oil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom