I love derps, there are just so many of them....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I live in an apartment. Wish I could afford a house but with medical bills among other things it's just not feasible. However it's hilarious the things that happen and if I payed more attention to all the derps I could probably be entertained every day.

Today's fiasco is one of the biggest so far. Got a notice a couple days ago that the parking lot was going to have some work done. From what I can tell they are just going to seal up the cracks but hopefully they will fill in the pot holes as well. Anyway the notice said something to the effect that the lot was going to be divided from east to west with no mention of the north and south sides.... It also stated that the west side would be done from 9am to 11am and the east side would be done from 12pm to 2pm.....

Knowing the derp fest that was to follow last night after I went to the store to grab a loaf of bread and a couple other things I parked on the grass in an area where the street would continue on if it went all the way through but is currently just a gravel entrance for a property owners back yard area.

So this morning as I start to wake up I hear a bunch of people having their doors beat on, however mine was never touched. Finally roll out of bed to take care of my morning routine and then walk the dog. All the cars are now out of the parking lot. The work crew is on the west side of the building cleaning the lot. They haven't even started filling the cracks and likely won't until after noon. That means the timetable is shot, however that does not prevent the maintenance guy from threatening someone else for having their vehicle towed... Battery dead won't start. And a derp yesterday had a tow truck come in and move it to the other part of the lot....

Came in and had to laugh to tell my wife "You know where I parked the truck last night right? Well it made FRIENDS!" All the vehicles have now been moved out to where I parked last night.

Was a nice guy and jump started the car so it could be moved off the lot and not actually be towed.

Wanted to share how my morning has went as I sit here with a smirk on my face since it is now just after noon and I know that the lots will not be finished for another four or five hours and even then the tar will still be too soft for me to actually want to drive on though I am sure the other derps will be chomping at the bit to get a nice drizzle off their tires. And if it does start to rain I will probably die laughing since the tar won't stick very well to wet asphalt.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So to continue the plot. After all the goings on earlier today nothing has been done. Well I can't say nothing, they did clean some gravel and dirt off the parking lot. But a single drop of tar was not placed. Come to find out someone got fired. They showed up late and messed around most of the day. Started looking and they didn't get the dirt cleaned out of the cracks anyway.

Looks like I will get to go through all of this again later on at some point. Or deal with some big pot holes that will be forming once the inevitable water freezes in the cracks.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You got it. Derps all around.

I tend to not speak to anyone mainly cause I am severely allergic to stupidity and so many of them have it coming out of their ears that my turrets will start kicking in. And then I will end up needing a new place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom