I love my glock now range day 3/21/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had Dr. Appointments today and one got delayed for a few hours so I was screwed as I took the day off for this. Ran up to BDC and tried my Glock 19 with the rubber sleeve and I love the difference. This made a ton of difference to me. Grip is comfortable and it showed in my shooting accuracy. Not mentally thinking about how uncomfortable the grip was, I had better purchase and concentration. When it feels good, grip it and rip it.
Can't wait to go shoot it again with druryj tomorrow. Oh yeah....Let's shoot tomorrow dru at BB's at noon. Will pm ya.
Pic one is the first 5 shots at 10 yards, Glock 19 (with rubber grip sleeve and Vortex Venom red dot), UMC 9mm ammo.
2nd is running more shots and 3 and 4 the same. Shot 200 rounds just through the Glock. I think I've become a glock guy.
If I could make one change, it would be rounding the trigger guard where it meets the grip.
Then.......Yeah I'm going to say it....then.....the glock might be a perfect fit (almost...Ha!) BCC Mar 21 17 1.JPG BDC Mar 21 17 2.JPG BDC Mar 21 17 3.JPG BDC Mar 21 17 4.JPG

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn good! I am anxious to try that bike tube fix out myself. Hellyeah, we'll go shoot some boolets tomorrow!

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like your starting to get comfortable with it. You can do the undercut with a piece of sandpaper and something round if you want and it shouldnt take long. I use a dremel but that thing will eat if you dont watch it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SF - looks like you just about mastered the dot. Good on ya.
Took a bit but less than I thought. Even without the suppressor sights, I use the same mechanics and now the dot is an ease to pick up.
Sadly, before I put the red dot on, I rarely shot the glock and it was my carry/car gun. My home go to is my CZ with attached light and I shoot it a lot.
Now I just love shooting the glock because of the dot and the alteration to the grip. Since I will probably keep the dot I will be going to a different carry. Maybe a Glock in 40 cal (because I like 40's) or maybe something else.
I make fun of the glock but the design is perfect for carry.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I love using the bike tubes on my grips. I did the undercut on my Glock 27 by using a dowel rod and some course and fine sandpaper. Just go to walmart and pick a dowel rod that is as close to your finger diameter and sand away.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fom a buddy of mine .......

I wrapped sandpaper around a Sharpie marker. That's about the perfect size.

Start with about 80 grit. Switch to 180 grit when you've got it about where you want it.
Finish it with 240 or 320 wet-or-dry paper using water.
The finish will be very close to the untouched parts of the plastic. Now rub the edge of your nose or your forehead to get a little oil on your finger. Rub that on the sanded part and you'll barely notice it's been modified.

Latest posts

Top Bottom