I made a fundamental error gifting a .22 rifle,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely going to looks more into those.

Sounds like it's time to get one, heard a lot of good reviews!
I'll also endorse the CZ rimfires. The 455 and 457 models will let you buy a "kit" (barrel and magazine) and change calibers between .22 LR, .22 magnum, and .17 hmr for about $140 per kit. They're a little more expensive but nice little rifles with the typical CZ quality and accuracy. There are several variations with different stocks, heavy barrels, threaded barrels, etc.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll also endorse the CZ rimfires. The 455 and 457 models will let you buy a "kit" (barrel and magazine) and change calibers between .22 LR, .22 magnum, and .17 hmr for about $140 per kit. They're a little more expensive but nice little rifles with the typical CZ quality and accuracy. There are several variations with different stocks, heavy barrels, threaded barrels, etc.

Been looking for a 9417 for a while now. They a little hard to come by.

I’m afraid of the Henry’s. I had a friend that had a 44 golden boy and the action was as rough as 12 miles of bad road.

I’ll give the cz’s a look, while still looking for a 9417 straight grip.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Few years ago, my wife and I were looking to buy .22s for all the kids. We looked at youth guns, and all, and wound up getting some Henry Lever actions for the two smallest, and Ruger 10/22s for the oldest.

I’m jumpin off on a Henry frontier or Golden Boy in .17. Depends on which one I can find first. I’m getting kinda old. I can’t really be all that picky anymore.

Callison76

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a beautiful CZ scout I bought my son when he was 9 years old. He’s now 14 and 6’3” so its a little bit small for him now, lol. But an amazing shooting little rifle, gorgeous wood, and will keep up with my Savage target rifle on most days in regards to accuracy.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a beautiful CZ scout I bought my son when he was 9 years old. He’s now 14 and 6’3” so its a little bit small for him now, lol. But an amazing shooting little rifle, gorgeous wood, and will keep up with my Savage target rifle on most days in regards to accuracy.

You need to get that boy a basketball.

bubbaokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for you sir. I have been thinning out the herd for a few years now. Six grandkids and 2 great granddaughters. All six of the grands have 3-4 apiece and “setting back” a couple for the crawlers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom