I made a knife for my dad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s been a handful of years since I’ve made any knives, and this one isn’t new either. I made it for my dad about 6 years ago. Earlier this year he passed away suddenly. He was only 63. My mom was going through some of dad’s stuff and found this. She gave it back to me. I never kept any of the knives I made when I was actually making them. I’m glad to have this because it was my dad’s, but also because I made it for him. Unlike everything else I made several years back, this one isn’t for sale.

154cm Stainless. 5 3/4” blade if I remember right. It’s the larger of the 3 sizes I used to make in this style. Black G10 liners with OD green Micarta handle scales. Kydex sheath.
66B517ED-4EA6-4E32-8B82-32C205633B79.jpeg
189ECBBE-477B-4372-B432-D28ECF0AC37D.jpeg
9B4E7B1B-4A75-4AB7-8EDE-9746B2755390.jpeg
FF360EC9-2BF4-4928-ACE7-5EE32BDB7727.jpeg

xtremerange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have kids or will have kids, make sure they know the history of the knife.

Not trying to be a bummer but was going through my Grandfather's things recently after his passing. He had cleaned out most of his stuff in the past few years but what he retained clearly had meaning to him. Some of which I knew about, most I didn't. Just guessing your knife is the sort of thing that can mean something to further generations.

My kids are respectful and grateful for the things they got from their great grandfather. But they had to know about them before his passing from him so that the item had meaning for them.

Keith429421

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss!
That’s a great looking knife!
I’m sure he was very proud of it!
I made a knife for my dad as well.
After he passed, mom gave his back to me as well.
I will always cherish it.
When I first started making knives, his suggestion by the way, he said when you get “good”, I want you to make this one for me. Lol!
When I have it to him he almost teared up.
DFB09C20-2DB1-4082-956B-8AC20F5DDB9A.jpeg

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss!
That’s a great looking knife!
I’m sure he was very proud of it!
I made a knife for my dad as well.
After he passed, mom gave his back to me as well.
I will always cherish it.
When I first started making knives, his suggestion by the way, he said when you get “good”, I want you to make this one for me. Lol!
When I have it to him he almost teared up.
View attachment 259734
It’s now obvious to me that your dad got a cooler knife than my dad. It’s beautiful man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom