I May Have An Appointment-Time Will Tell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a prayer, but I'm thinking about you. I was listening to some urologists talk on a podcast the other day about prostate cancer, and while its scary, there's a ton of treatments available and the past few years have brought a ton of knowledge and insight on the prostate and its issues. Keep your chin up, keep looking for solutions. Also, sit back and enjoy whatever time you have left, whether its a week or 30 years. I think we all need a good scare every once in a while to remind us to do just that.

These guys may be a little too Canadian and progressive for some around here, but their talks are great, they really sit down and have conversations about men's health questions that nobody else talks about. This was their talk about prostate cancer, but I suggest looking through all their videos, I spent a weekend listening to them while out driving, and learned more about my body than any education or person has ever told me.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dr Stan Law in MWC is supposed to be a very good Urologist. The Tulsa procedure sounds interesting if the subject is interesting. I faintly remember a four star General that retired from the AF and he did not want the prostate check on his physical...he later died in retirement due to prostate Ca.

n2soonerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In recent years if one is over a certain age, they don't do certain examinations in the medical field. They figure that if one has a disease and they are older, they'll outlive the disease. They don;t do rectal exams on males, colonoscopies on those older or certain female exams.
Well, I had a problem the other day, I got up around 8 times to urinate and was dog beat the next day so I in my infinite wisdom decided it was time to see a Doctor. My PSA was 16 with the normal 1-3 and that might indicate prostate cancer or a case of prostatitis.
I am what one could call a fatalist in that whatever happens, happens. I am a Christian and have no fear of the final appointment. (it is appointed unto man once to die and after that the judgement) In fact, I look forward with great anticipation of seeing loved ones and the Lord Jesus. He has done so much for me and now I am up in years and all my friends have gone on in recent years but I have a loving wife who stands fiercely by my side in every situation.
So, all is not lost, if a prayer is made in my behalf, kindly detour it over the my wife who deserves it, not me. I'll keep you guys posted, the Doc put me on Proscar and Hytrin for a month and then I'll go back for more lab work and then possibly a referral to a urologist.
🙏

Latest posts

Top Bottom