I need a carport.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much all construction related materials are up, and labor likely is, too. Our church is scheduled to break ground on a new $3M addition that is about 8 months late, and I think the cost HAS gone up from the original bids. :(

I'm impressed there's a church out there actually growing. Good for y'all

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in the market for a new trailer and was discussing costs with starlite in claremore. He said the costs of a steel deck vs a wood deck was now about the same and there was it an extra charge to use steel. He said the costs of using wood on the deck had increased $400. This was on a 24’ hauler.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not bad-mouthing Trump but didn't he enact tariffs on Canadian lumber? If I remember correctly, that drove up prices on home building, there was a subject on this on OSA at one time in the not too distant past.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not bad-mouthing Trump but didn't he enact tariffs on Canadian lumber? If I remember correctly, that drove up prices on home building, there was a subject on this on OSA at one time in the not too distant past.

Steel and aluminum too. Add in the pandemic labor shortage, a 2x4 is some $6 now in Lawton.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lumber has been going nuts for a while. Below is a futures chart for lumber. Not tariff related. Fed has been wanting inflation, we're gonna get it. My guess is they want $15.00 an hour min wage to help with inflation AND to help those at the bottom deal with higher prices.
Screenshot_2021-03-07-19-56-00.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom