I Need A Home For Another Dog...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few months ago we agreed to take a little Jack Russell Terrier one of my wife's kids bought without listening to me about how difficult they are.

Unfortunately, she's just not cut out for our lifestyle. There's a lot of good news about this little girl, and some bad news, so I'll give an honest assessment of this her.

Her name is Lexi. She's less than a year old...maybe 8 or 9 months. She wasn't housebroken when we brought her home...she is now. Maybe I should say she's about 99% housebroken...very rarely will she have an accident in the house now and it's been that way for at least a couple of months. She was also an excited and/or submissive piddler. We've got her about 95% broken of that. If it happens now it's just a couple of drops. She hasn't shown any signs of being destructive to things like furniture, shoes, etc... At all. We keep plenty of Nyla Bone type chew toys around and that keeps her happy. She might chew up soft, squeaky toys but we haven't given her a chance to do that. She is, quite possibly, the sweetest, most loving, most affectionate little cuddle bug I've ever seen. I posted a video somewhere on the forum (4-Legged Friends thread, maybe) of me giving her a belly rub that is pretty adorable. She has not shown any aggression at all to the Corgis...ever. Not even at feeding. She is NOT food aggressive at all. She eats right alongside the Corgis and has since day 1. She does not tend to run away. We feel very comfortable letting her roam freely while we're outside working around the property. She stays very close by and always comes when called. Usually, you don't even need to call her. She's almost always nearby. She does love to run thru the tall grass in the pasture and jump and leap at the insects and butterflies she stirs up. She's very full of life and lightning fast! She has never shown any aggression whatsoever towards another person. She runs out to get treats from the UPS guy and plays with the neighbors kids when they're around. All in all, she's a really great dog...but she'd be better off in another home. It's complicated but here goes...

Lexi...the BAD. Remember the movie "Sybil" back in the 80s or whenever it was about the chick with multiple personalities? This dog's name could be Sybil. None of the other personalities are evil or anything, just very difficult for me to deal with. She's easily intimidated by men, I think. I don't know if it's the tone of voice or what. One minute she's in my lap getting doggie love and the next minute when I tell her to go out with the other dogs at bedtime or something, she sulks away and WILL NOT do what she should. At all. She is not only the sweetest little dog I've seen, she's also far more stubborn than any dog I've seen. That's typical for a JRT but she has it down to an art form. Sometimes I'll reach out towards her to move her or whatever and she yelps like she's being beaten...without even being touched or anything said. My wife didn't believe it until she started doing it with her. We have no idea where this came from. It doesn't happen every day but it happens frequently. She is also, like every JRT on the planet, very high energy. That makes her a difficult fit for our much more laid back Corgis and us, for that matter. The big problem is she and I just don't get along because I really don't understand her and she doesn't really care about what I want her to do...she wants to do what she wants to do. I can go piss up a rope as far as she's concerned. So the stress between the two of us causes stress within the entire family. And that's just not fair to anyone.

So...sweet, loving, beautiful, high-energy little JRT that loves the farm life but just doesn't fit with the crowd here. She loves to play with the goats but I'm not sure how she'll react with the chickens because they're not roaming freely just yet. So no promises on that. She barks at them playfully thru the wire around the chicken run but doesn't act like she wants to chew thru the welded wire to get some chicken nuggets. Who knows?

PM me if you're interested. We can set up a meet and greet or whatever.

No charge to a forum member who takes a chance on Lexi. Just give her a good home...she'll definitely spice up your life!

20230306_165010.jpg
20230306_165051.jpg
20230306_165052.jpg
20230307_145001.jpg

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few months ago we agreed to take a little Jack Russell Terrier one of my wife's kids bought without listening to me about how difficult they are.

Unfortunately, she's just not cut out for our lifestyle. There's a lot of good news about this little girl, and some bad news, so I'll give an honest assessment of this her.

Her name is Lexi. She's less than a year old...maybe 8 or 9 months. She wasn't housebroken when we brought her home...she is now. Maybe I should say she's about 99% housebroken...very rarely will she have an accident in the house now and it's been that way for at least a couple of months. She was also an excited and/or submissive piddler. We've got her about 95% broken of that. If it happens now it's just a couple of drops. She hasn't shown any signs of being destructive to things like furniture, shoes, etc... At all. We keep plenty of Nyla Bone type chew toys around and that keeps her happy. She might chew up soft, squeaky toys but we haven't given her a chance to do that. She is, quite possibly, the sweetest, most loving, most affectionate little cuddle bug I've ever seen. I posted a video somewhere on the forum (4-Legged Friends thread, maybe) of me giving her a belly rub that is pretty adorable. She has not shown any aggression at all to the Corgis...ever. Not even at feeding. She is NOT food aggressive at all. She eats right alongside the Corgis and has since day 1. She does not tend to run away. We feel very comfortable letting her roam freely while we're outside working around the property. She stays very close by and always comes when called. Usually, you don't even need to call her. She's almost always nearby. She does love to run thru the tall grass in the pasture and jump and leap at the insects and butterflies she stirs up. She's very full of life and lightning fast! She has never shown any aggression whatsoever towards another person. She runs out to get treats from the UPS guy and plays with the neighbors kids when they're around. All in all, she's a really great dog...but she'd be better off in another home. It's complicated but here goes...

Lexi...the BAD. Remember the movie "Sybil" back in the 80s or whenever it was about the chick with multiple personalities? This dog's name could be Sybil. None of the other personalities are evil or anything, just very difficult for me to deal with. She's easily intimidated by men, I think. I don't know if it's the tone of voice or what. One minute she's in my lap getting doggie love and the next minute when I tell her to go out with the other dogs at bedtime or something, she sulks away and WILL NOT do what she should. At all. She is not only the sweetest little dog I've seen, she's also far more stubborn than any dog I've seen. That's typical for a JRT but she has it down to an art form. Sometimes I'll reach out towards her to move her or whatever and she yelps like she's being beaten...without even being touched or anything said. My wife didn't believe it until she started doing it with her. We have no idea where this came from. It doesn't happen every day but it happens frequently. She is also, like every JRT on the planet, very high energy. That makes her a difficult fit for our much more laid back Corgis and us, for that matter. The big problem is she and I just don't get along because I really don't understand her and she doesn't really care about what I want her to do...she wants to do what she wants to do. I can go piss up a rope as far as she's concerned. So the stress between the two of us causes stress within the entire family. And that's just not fair to anyone.

So...sweet, loving, beautiful, high-energy little JRT that loves the farm life but just doesn't fit with the crowd here. She loves to play with the goats but I'm not sure how she'll react with the chickens because they're not roaming freely just yet. So no promises on that. She barks at them playfully thru the wire around the chicken run but doesn't act like she wants to chew thru the welded wire to get some chicken nuggets. Who knows?

PM me if you're interested. We can set up a meet and greet or whatever.

No charge to a forum member who takes a chance on Lexi. Just give her a good home...she'll definitely spice up your life!

View attachment 380709View attachment 380710View attachment 380711View attachment 380712
great looking pup

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based on your description, sounds just like ours.

He’s starting to slow down though. He’s 15 years old.

Ha! That's what I usually tell people when they complain about how active their JR is..."don't worry, they'll slow down...in about 15 or 16 years..."

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're a great writer, I read the whole thing lol with no intentions of taking the dog.

Your wrtiing skills are novel like. 😀

Best of luck!

Yeah...I get long-winded. I know.

It came in handy writing police reports. I always had DAs telling me they wished all reports were as detailed and thorough as mine...even though they took all day to read!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lexi still needs a new home. She gets a little better every day and she really is a lovable little girl.

I'll drive up to an hour to deliver her or meet you if that helps. We'll also make sure she's up to date on her medical stuff...shots and so on. She just had her monthly flea/tick tablet this morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom