I need a new .40 sw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbc

Marksman
Reaction score
I've been carrying a s&w sd40ve and I'm looking to upgrade. I like the capacity and the upgraded trigger is nicer then before but I'm ready to get something better. I'm looking for recommendations on a edc with about the same capacity and optics ready is a plus because I'm going to put a rds on it. So what say you veteran pistol pullers. Budget is stay under 800

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you firm on staying with a 40?

Glock has the 23 and 22 MOS Gen 5's on their website, but I haven't seen them in the wild yet. Any Gen 3 and up 22/27/23 can probably be milled though.

That is the end of my knowledge for 40 S&W Optics ready weapons available. Someone else should be along with more.

Last edited:

Jbc

Marksman
Reaction score
I do like the .40 but I'd consider 9mm or .45. I dont have any dies for .45 though only 9mm and .40 so I'd have to be very impressed to leave those 2.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like my Beretta PX4 .40 S&W. I have the compact (comes in sub-compact, compact and full size, with only sub-compact not having the rotating barrel) which is a 12+1 capacity. The full size I believe is 15+1. Both the full and compact have a rotating barrel lock instead of the typical browning barrel lock. This does alleviate some of the felt recoil. Only probably downside is it is a DA/SA pistol, so it takes more training to get used to that stiff first shot.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i just got one and finding ammo for it is going to be a challange. i have managed to find .45acp, .380 and 9mm locally, but no .40s&w anywhere on shelves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom