I need a new .40 sw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbc

Marksman
Reaction score
All the lgs I've seen are overcharging and/or pricks so I do most of my shopping online and reload ammo. I've got the beretta apx 9mm and I do really like it. I was looking at the sw mp pro core optics ready and it looks pretty nice to me and not too expensive either. I was kind of wanting a sig 365 but I've got no experience with that company.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pro but it isn't a 2.0 (well my wife has one that she stole from me which is why I have the FS with the apex upgrades) rant over. I really like the pro and I hear the 2.0 M&Ps are better. But an apex upgrade is quite awesome in an m&p

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
M&P pro is my .40 of choice. Apex trigger upgrade topped with a shake to awake RMR.
Also have a Series 1 box stock M&P .40 as a truck gun that the manufacturer was almost giving away when introducing the Series 2. Weapon mounted light with integral laser on the rail.
M&P have the same grip angle as the 1911 which I'm an aficionado of that platform.
The lack of ammo outside of this current crisis shows it's still a popular caliber. Limp wristed shooters need not apply.
If I wasn't so partial to M&P, I'd go with the FN-509 for EDC. Have one in the bedside.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a thought and what i did cause sometimes i like the 9 and sometimes the 40 so i got a G23 and then ordered a 9mm conversion barrel for it so now i have 1 gun that uses both calibers depending on what i want to shoot. For target practice you can load a 40 mag with 9mm but be prepared for some hickups its not 100% reliable, but i ended up getting some 9 mags to make it more reliable if needed to be.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a thought and what i did cause sometimes i like the 9 and sometimes the 40 so i got a G23 and then ordered a 9mm conversion barrel for it so now i have 1 gun that uses both calibers depending on what i want to shoot. For target practice you can load a 40 mag with 9mm but be prepared for some hickups its not 100% reliable, but i ended up getting some 9 mags to make it more reliable if needed to be.
The M&P platform can be converted to 9MM or .40 as well with a simple barrel and mag change.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Few years ago I did similar, 357sig/40sw combo H&K P2000sk. Obviously 357sig and 40 mags are interchangeable. 9mm probably looking for issues.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah the 357 sig and 40 uses the same mags the 9 will work in them just has some feeding issues at times i have done it but like i said had issues but then it is good practice on clearing your gun when practicing

Jbc

Marksman
Reaction score
I do like the look of the mp and I saw a .40 core for a pretty reasonable price. I'd like to go rds but I cant afford the rmr so I'll likely go with the holosun. I've never used a rds but hear great things and I feel like I'd adjust quickly. All the different models of that ****ing confuse me too though haha. Wish I had a local gun store I liked. 2a in Tulsa actually had a pretty decent guy in there last time I was there I might go up there and see if they'll give me a rundown. I'm not sure how much it costs to rent a gun there but it might be worth it if reasonably priced.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been in 2A in a few months, but it used to be $10 to rent a gun, but you had to buy their ammo to shoot. Or at least you couldn't shoot reloads, I don't remember which.

Latest posts

Top Bottom