I need a new barber...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
In the Shawnee area. My long time barber retired and I am starting to look like a homeless hippie.

I can't just get some clippers and do it myself because I have to leave some length to it to cover up my knot head.

I could cut it all but the back myself with scissors but I don't really want to go for the mullet look either. :D

Any recommendations?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't laugh...it works great. I bought one about 4 years ago and have paid for one haircut since. You can give yourself a Flow-job whenever you want...

flowbee.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't laugh...it works great. I bought one about 4 years ago and have paid for one haircut since. You can give yourself a Flow-job whenever you want...

View attachment 243133
I didn't know you could still get those. Lol!

I tempted to try one. For some reason I have a difficult time making myself go get a haircut.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm tellin' ya... They work great. Still need to do a little trim work around the ears and neck...but the overall results just on cutting the hair are great. And I'm like you...I hate going to the barber shop. On the other hand, I got my hair cut in basic training in 1979 and I still wear the same military-style haircut now. I'm not a slave to fashion or hair style trends so the Flowbee is perfect for me...

I can't believe how expensive they are now...$150 on the website. I only paid $75. They're almost $300 on Amazon! 😲

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a set of clippers for years and gave myself haircuts til about 4 or 5 years ago and said the heck with it and let it do whatever it wants to do, same with my beard til last month when i got to close to a brush pile i was burning so had to trim it up alittle.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This won’t help the op, but I was going to pro cuts or the like. A Friday morning at 8 I was looking for a place to get a cut. The big box cutters were closed, but I found Bob’s barbershop in Claremore. They are awesome and still charge $12 vs $20 at a big box cutter.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeppers...

...don't rule out the lady cosmetologists. Many a time I've seen some guy in a chair in a beauty salon. My wife began cutting my hair pretty soon after we got married, and a few years later, she went to cosmetology school. She worked a few years in that business but then decided to do other things. 53 years of marriage now, and I think I might have gotten one haircut by someone other than her in all that time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom