I need a new barber...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven been to a barber shop in who knows how long.
Been going to the ladies beauty salons. Same girl cut my hair for probably 25 years before moving to Florida to be with new grandkids. New cosmetologist is doing just fine.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try Nick’s in El Reno. Three women who are very good barbers. Nick’s daughter is the boss and she cuts hair too. I know El Reno is too far from Shawnee.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had Fat Chix Barber Shop in Tecumseh recommended, but it's too far away for me to try. I understand that she's a former Navy barber.

When I was in Norman, I'd go to Bill's Barber Shop on Porter, across from Norman Regional (the original). I'd still go there, but the last time I looked, they're not open on Saturdays.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've had Fat Chix Barber Shop in Tecumseh recommended, but it's too far away for me to try. I understand that she's a former Navy barber.

When I was in Norman, I'd go to Bill's Barber Shop on Porter, across from Norman Regional (the original). I'd still go there, but the last time I looked, they're not open on Saturdays.
I checked that place out online a couple of weeks ago. It looked like it might be a little too contemporary for me.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked that place out online a couple of weeks ago. It looked like it might be a little too contemporary for me.
If you’re talking about Fat Chix, it was described to me as having an old-fashioned barber shop feel, but like I said, I’ve never checked it out myself, so I don’t know if that’s accurate.

Bill’s is an old fashioned barber shop. Bill passed a few years ago, but his daughter was still running it the last I heard.

Marksman
Reaction score
In the Shawnee area. My long time barber retired and I am starting to look like a homeless hippie.

I can't just get some clippers and do it myself because I have to leave some length to it to cover up my knot head.

I could cut it all but the back myself with scissors but I don't really want to go for the mullet look either. :D

Any recommendations?
You should try the Aldridge barber shop across from the post office. Carol does a good job.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am also on the lookout for a good barber, I don't know why but some don't care how they cut your hair, it appears they just want you out of their chair. A good barber is difficult to find, I've gone to several on Air Depot in MWC and I get a chop job. I may try Joe Gann next time, I hope he's still in business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom